By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Regarding the PS4 announcement - "More, More, More—How Do You Like It? "

He acts as if Jonathan Blow's ideas about gaming are not shared at SCE. He doesn't realize that Sony was the only console manufacturer to contact Blow about his next video game, and ignores the fact that they actually let him, a lone indie dev, on stage for a significant amount of time in their new console reveal, when they surely could have let another company on to showcase a game that would sell a whole lot more than Blow's will. 

He also has a very narrow/innacurate view of 1) what a good game must be and 2) what games Sony's very diverse first party has and will continue to deliver respectively. 

Around the Network

lol the thing that irks me is that many of those who claim that they are getting tired of how games seem to be getting too similar, are usually the same people who jump up and down for joy whenever a new mario or donkey kong game ( that have played fundamentally the same for years now ) are released

the other funny bit to me is that all i see anyone mentioning is killzone ( as if the only thing sony showed was fps )... sony themselves announced they were developing 3 other games under different genres... then there's the third parties

I find it exceedingly amusing that the article is about Sony when you could substitute Nintendo at any point and it would pose the same valid points.

Some formulas just work - GTA, Mario, Zelda, Halo, CoD, Uncharted, God of War, Gears of War, Gran Turismo, etc.

Of course we want new innovation and new IPs, Sony will deliver these just as they have in the past.

Article was boring, bland, and featured nothing any layman couldn't have discerned on his/her own.

OH NOEZ the way the industry has always moved forward doesnot work anymore what do we do!

I guess all these people wanted the PS4 just to be a tablet.

Good read.

Around the Network

now that i've looked through the article again i can see the auther has made no mentioned of knack or infamous ss but hand picked games to write on and use to generalise the entire line up

sony announced their development of 4 very different games under different genres

knack ( adventure/platformer )
infamous ss ( open world superhero game )
killzone ( fps )
drive club ( racing )

how can the argument seriously be made that there is no variety there?

Turkish said:
OH NOEZ the way the industry has always moved forward doesnot work anymore what do we do!

I guess all these people wanted the PS4 just to be a tablet.

The New York Times wanted it to be precisely this...

I'm amazed that people are praising this guy for his hateful, narrow-minded little rant. Allowing better tools for artists is bad? Seriously? Allowing more RAM is -bad- for creative freedom? Does anyone seriously believe that?

I'm not even sure he was watching the conference; either that, or he's not above lying to further his argument. He completely and totally bypassed pretty much everything the guy from Evolution was talking about with DriveClub. He described the main character from Killzone as a "new recruit" when it was beyond obvious that he was an important person in the military.

The author just seemed to be very petty and self-centered, a person who tells kids to get off his lawn because they like things that are different from him.

o_O.Q said:
now that i've looked through the article again i can see the auther has made no mentioned of knack or infamous ss but hand picked games to write on and use to generalise the entire line up

sony announced their development of 4 very different games under different genres

killzone ( fps )
drive club ( racing )

I don't know how Drive Club is all that different than any other driving simulator.

NintendoPie said:
o_O.Q said:

killzone ( fps )
drive club ( racing )

I don't know how Drive Club is all that different than any other driving simulator.

He's not saying Drive Club is completely different from other racing games. He's saying that the conference had some genre variety.