By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Megaton predictions for PS4 at E3/TGS

I just want to throw my hat in the crowd and say I highly doubt it'll be > $400

I'm thinking:
25% chance it'll cost $350
70% chance it'll cost $400
5% chance it'll cost >$400

I also wouldn't be surprised if there were 2 models, a core one for $350 that has a small harddrive, and maybe less cables or something, and then the regular one with like a 250gb+ HDD for $400

Around the Network
blightedpersona said:
I just want to throw my hat in the crowd and say I highly doubt it'll be > $400

I'm thinking:
25% chance it'll cost $350
70% chance it'll cost $400
5% chance it'll cost >$400

I also wouldn't be surprised if there were 2 models, a core one for $350 that has a small harddrive, and maybe less cables or something, and then the regular one with like a 250gb+ HDD for $400

That doesn't sound impossible

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Sal.Paradise said:
sales2099 said:
Didn't anybody learn the lesson this week? You over hype things and the reality will always fall short. You can and have every right to be excited, but make realistic predictions.

From my memory, every E3 from the past few years is a disappointment to everybody. Its not about who "won" but who "disappointed the least". Then again, we do have 2 new consoles to showcase, so I hope I am wrong here.

It's not a case of hyping or predicting, he's claiming he has legit info that these are happening, unless otherwise stated (last guardian). I don't believe him though, solely based on the PS4 price. Too good to be true. 

my guesses though are

PS1 era: Spyro or Crash, duh 

PS2 era: Kingdom Hearts

game that will redeem company(/Remake as stated in other thread): FF VII

Service: Steam

Xbox game: Gears 

Gears would never make it over to PS3. That is the most wishful thinking I have ever heard. Left 4 dead is more like it.

easyrider said:
Sal.Paradise said:
sales2099 said:
Didn't anybody learn the lesson this week? You over hype things and the reality will always fall short. You can and have every right to be excited, but make realistic predictions.

From my memory, every E3 from the past few years is a disappointment to everybody. Its not about who "won" but who "disappointed the least". Then again, we do have 2 new consoles to showcase, so I hope I am wrong here.

It's not a case of hyping or predicting, he's claiming he has legit info that these are happening, unless otherwise stated (last guardian). I don't believe him though, solely based on the PS4 price. Too good to be true. 

my guesses though are

Gears would never make it over to PS3. That is the most wishful thinking I have ever heard. Left 4 dead is more like it.

Well, OP said it would cause meltdowns for xbox fans. And as Sales2099 said, Gears is "the only xbox exclusive worthy of a meltdown"

easyrider said:
Sal.Paradise said:
sales2099 said:

my guesses though are

Assuming you mean PS4 and considering Epic owns the IP it's actually quite possible for it to move now, especially for a new generation. Epic will want to showcase their UE4 engine on as much hardware as possible.

Around the Network
Scoobes said:
easyrider said:
Sal.Paradise said:
sales2099 said:

my guesses though are

Assuming you mean PS4 and considering Epic owns the IP it's actually quite possible for it to move now, especially for a new generation. Epic will want to showcase their UE4 engine on as much hardware as possible.

an all this from some random dude that he doesn't even know if he is biased or not. He's making a flame thread and you fall right in. MS has A lot of money and they won't let that game go.

I've updated the OP some after new information from my source: some of the games I mentioned might not make it to e3, but will be shown at TGS instead... I really hope they'll be shown at e3 though!

PM me the info :P I shall judge if you got things right post E3

I will not tell others any of it until then

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
PM me the info :P I shall judge if you got things right post E3

I will not tell others any of it until then

I'll have to think about it ^^

Can't you just drop us a smart bomb or two? Invisible but there to be seen if we look hard enough! If we guess right you can write, 'I'm sorry, I can't comment on rumours or speculation.'

The PS5 Exists.