By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Megaton predictions for PS4 at E3/TGS

DanneSandin said:
Heavenly_King said:
DanneSandin said:
platformmaster918 said:
DanneSandin said:
There is a reason why Sony can keep the price so low on the PS4...

what's that?  online subscription fees?

I think they will have some sort of online subscription yes, but that's not why... But it is a rather important income from them as I understand things.

Online play will still be free right?
the subscription service you are talking about is the evolution of PS+??

Yes, that is how I understand it. But I think you might have to pay for being able to access Gaikai...

so, for the backwards compatibility we will need to pay? or what other stuff is Gaikai for? or PS+ and Gaikai will be together?

Around the Network
Heavenly_King said:
DanneSandin said:
Heavenly_King said:
DanneSandin said:
platformmaster918 said:
DanneSandin said:
There is a reason why Sony can keep the price so low on the PS4...

what's that?  online subscription fees?

I think they will have some sort of online subscription yes, but that's not why... But it is a rather important income from them as I understand things.

Online play will still be free right?
the subscription service you are talking about is the evolution of PS+??

Yes, that is how I understand it. But I think you might have to pay for being able to access Gaikai...

so, for the backwards compatibility we will need to pay? or what other stuff is Gaikai for? or PS+ and Gaikai will be together?

That MIGHT be the case, but I'm not too sure... My source don't know either, says it's probably included with ps+... Do not trust me on this one!!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Added some new EDITS with some cool features...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

M.U.G.E.N said:
DanneSandin said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
I hope to see some bombs dropped at E3 conference..from both MS/Sony. Should be fun

By the way..doesn't MS own Gears IP?

epic should have the rights to it...

lol would be a bomb of the level of FF going multiplat if sony gets Gears on the ps4...will not happen as I can't see MS letting it go

$60 x 2Million  units = $120 million dollars per game.    

simple math and probably not entirely accurate but... are you should MS can afford to keep it?

Soul Reaver or Onimusha would be awesome. to begin with.

Extreme G ....

Around the Network

Well, you seem to believe your source. I'm taking this with a pinch of salt and since that 8Gb RAM announcement, I'm thinking the minimum would be $400.

Would be good if what you say is true though, if only for the fact it'd make E3 worth watching this year.

bookmarking

kitler53 said:

simple math and probably not entirely accurate but... are you should MS can afford to keep it?

Well they managed to do it this gen somehow...I haven't played Gears3 yet so I am not sure but if the story arc meets an end in that game maybe a new arc can start on more consoles. But yeah wouldn't be surprised if MS does all it can to keep the game with them somehow

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
kitler53 said:

Well they managed to do it this gen somehow...I haven't played Gears3 yet so I am not sure but if the story arc meets an end in that game maybe a new arc can start on more consoles. But yeah wouldn't be surprised if MS does all it can to keep the game with them somehow

they managed to secure 3 game rights to an unproven franchise.  that's a completely different dollar amount than exclusivity to a prove 5M seller.  MS must pony up enough cash to pay for all of the potential losses in not going multiplat.  that's going to be a high dollar amount indeed for gears of war.

its kind of like how that game company is going multi.  the rights were cheap when they were unproven but now that they won a grammy..

kitler53 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
kitler53 said:

they managed to secure 3 game rights to an unproven franchise.  that's a completely different dollar amount than exclusivity to a prove 5M seller.  MS must pony up enough cash to pay for all of the potential losses in not going multiplat.  that's going to be a high dollar amount indeed for gears of war.

its kind of like how that game company is going multi.  the rights were cheap when they were unproven but now that they won a grammy..

good point..there definitely must have been a contract in place. But they are bringing a 4th spin off game to 360 exclusively as well tho? 4 game contract maybe? 

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!