By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Megaton predictions for PS4 at E3/TGS

JoeTheBro said:
Does no one else realise he is indirectly saying uncharted 4 isn't being made?

not as far as i know anyways... 

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:

So, I made this thread:http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=155697&page=1 to show everyone that Nintendo is treating 3rd parties like shit (and not the other way around), and to back up my claims I said Sony will drop some serious megatons during e3 this year. And since not every Sony fan is reading Nintendo threads I thought I'll share some of my inside information with ya'll!

Let me tell you that this years e3 will be awesome. Sony fans will be VERY happy!

The price: $349.99

The meltdowns: An former Xbox exclusive will be shown!

The Megatons: An old franchise from the PS1-era will return to Sony (1st party). A PS2-era series will also return (1st party). I also suspect that we'll see The Last Guardian will be there (but this I have no back up for, it's just a hunch). But the best part is a game that will redeem a whole company (I've heard it's a boss fight they will show)(exclusive). And PS4 is also getting a BIG online service that will kick ass. Part of this service has actually already been announced, but it's not obvious yet...

I hope you enjoy this years e3 Sony fans, because it will be a great one! I'm hyped to see all the awesome reactions already :D

EDIT: Naughty Dog is working on a new IP as well, not sure if that will be shown though...

Xbox exclusive?? what Xbox exclusive... Xbox has no exclusive besides HALO, Forza and Project gotham racing and no way these games are coming on PS4. the only game left is and quiet obvious one is Gears of wars, Epic had three game deal with Microsoft for which ended with GOW3, and i m pretty sure Microsoft paid pretty huge amound to keep Judgment exclusive to Xbox as there are no games on the horizon for 360, and it made sense from Epic point of view to gain good will among playstation crowd to launch gears onto new generation avoiding, flak from PS3 owner if the port wasnt upto the mark. 

I highly doubt Price will be $350, if the ram would have been 4gb then that figure was possible, but with the sudden ram upgrade i assume it will be around $450 or $499, and possibility of second SKU of $599 with a vita.

MediEvil 3? Syphon Filter 4? Ape Escape 4?

taus90 said:
DanneSandin said:

So, I made this thread:http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=155697&page=1 to show everyone that Nintendo is treating 3rd parties like shit (and not the other way around), and to back up my claims I said Sony will drop some serious megatons during e3 this year. And since not every Sony fan is reading Nintendo threads I thought I'll share some of my inside information with ya'll!

Let me tell you that this years e3 will be awesome. Sony fans will be VERY happy!

The Megatons: An old franchise from the PS1-era will return to Sony (1st party). A PS2-era series will also return (1st party). I also suspect that we'll see The Last Guardian will be there (but this I have no back up for, it's just a hunch). But the best part is a game that will redeem a whole company (I've heard it's a boss fight they will show)(exclusive). And PS4 is also getting a BIG online service that will kick ass. Part of this service has actually already been announced, but it's not obvious yet...

I hope you enjoy this years e3 Sony fans, because it will be a great one! I'm hyped to see all the awesome reactions already :D

EDIT: Naughty Dog is working on a new IP as well, not sure if that will be shown though...

Xbox exclusive?? what Xbox exclusive... Xbox has no exclusive besides HALO, Forza and Project gotham racing and no way these games are coming on PS4. the only game left is and quiet obvious one is Gears of wars, Epic had three game deal with Microsoft for which ended with GOW3, and i m pretty sure Microsoft paid pretty huge amound to keep Judgment exclusive to Xbox as there are no games on the horizon for 360, and it made sense from Epic point of view to gain good will among playstation crowd to launch gears onto new generation avoiding, flak from PS3 owner if the port wasnt upto the mark. 

I highly doubt Price will be $350, if the ram would have been 4gb then that figure was possible, but with the sudden ram upgrade i assume it will be around $450 or $499, and possibility of second SKU of $599 with a vita.

Alan Wake could be one of the contenders.
The Xbox Community still believes its exclusive even if the better version is on PC.

I remember Remedy was originally planning it as a PC360 Release but Microsoft forced them to ditch the PC Version and say there will never be one.
The game sold pretty bad and got sold at some Online Stores for 10$ not even a whole month after release.
Remedy fought for a PC Release and was happy as a child as they could do it and said they always wanted that.The PC Version had the money they needed to work on the game back after the 1st day.
I can imagine they know this won't change NextGen with Alan Wake 2.They probably have seen how good the Sony Community liked Heavy Rain a Game that isn't even a game as some haters say but it sold far more.
If they are smart they bring it to the PS4 and get good sale numbers cause such games hit the taste of the Playstation Community pretty good.

Otherwise it could be Gears of course.
Cliffy B before he left always said he wants to see Gears on other Platforms and would love to work with Sony but they have had at that time a pretty good relationship with Microsoft aka a contract not allowing them to work with Sony.

Halo and Forza aren't coming and otherwise there are only some Rare IPs left i think if im right?

DanneSandin said:
JoeTheBro said:
Does no one else realise he is indirectly saying uncharted 4 isn't being made?

not as far as i know anyways... 

Naughty Dog only has two teams. If they're working on a new ip, they're not working on Uncharted.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
I hope to see some bombs dropped at E3 conference..from both MS/Sony. Should be fun

By the way..doesn't MS own Gears IP?

epic should have the rights to it...

lol would be a bomb of the level of FF going multiplat if sony gets Gears on the ps4...will not happen as I can't see MS letting it go

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
DanneSandin said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
I hope to see some bombs dropped at E3 conference..from both MS/Sony. Should be fun

By the way..doesn't MS own Gears IP?

epic should have the rights to it...

lol would be a bomb of the level of FF going multiplat if sony gets Gears on the ps4...will not happen as I can't see MS letting it go

ive predicted megatons and meltdowns so i hope sony delivers!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Mohnstrudel said:
taus90 said:
DanneSandin said:

Alan Wake could be one of the contenders.
The Xbox Community still believes its exclusive even if the better version is on PC.

I remember Remedy was originally planning it as a PC360 Release but Microsoft forced them to ditch the PC Version and say there will never be one.
The game sold pretty bad and got sold at some Online Stores for 10$ not even a whole month after release.
Remedy fought for a PC Release and was happy as a child as they could do it and said they always wanted that.The PC Version had the money they needed to work on the game back after the 1st day.
I can imagine they know this won't change NextGen with Alan Wake 2.They probably have seen how good the Sony Community liked Heavy Rain a Game that isn't even a game as some haters say but it sold far more.
If they are smart they bring it to the PS4 and get good sale numbers cause such games hit the taste of the Playstation Community pretty good.

Otherwise it could be Gears of course.
Cliffy B before he left always said he wants to see Gears on other Platforms and would love to work with Sony but they have had at that time a pretty good relationship with Microsoft aka a contract not allowing them to work with Sony.

Halo and Forza aren't coming and otherwise there are only some Rare IPs left i think if im right?

Oh yeh Alan wake, that was the only game from 360 library i wished i played on my PS3 with move controller (using it as a torch), and Remedy owns its IP, so there is a possibility of Alan Wake 2 coming on PS4, but again I would go with Gears of war, I believe they will be wrapping up the current GOW story in Judgment and start a new Chapter in Gears of War 4 with unreal engine 4. I'll give 40-60 ratio respectively if, there is an exclusive coming to PS4. But oh boy if that does happen, cant imagine the outrage among microsoft loyalst, he he he would be fun to watch. 

Hmmmmm .... I would bet with you but I see you have your hands full with bets already. :D Well, if true then Sony will get my money day 1. I already have $500 saved for the bugger and plan to keep saving between now and fall. I was planning on getting a Wii U for cheap this black friday, but if Sony 'drops dem bombz' this E3 then the Wii U won't see me till Smash Bros.

As many have pointed out the hardest part for me to swallow relates to the price, but I am open minded without being gullible, so I will wait and see.

Gears is the only reason I was interested in the Xbox, but I would never buy a console for one game. If that goes over then Xbox will go from being 99% irrelevant to 100% (for me).

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

So... you're basically saying that E3 will show us Crash Bandicoot (I guess), Final Fantasy VII remake (although Square doesn't need redemption in my opinion, but that's just me...) and god knows what is that "PS2 franchise" in addition to a former Xbox exclusive (possibly Gears) all that on the PS4 with a price tag of $350?

Everything just sounds way too good to be true.