By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is the Wii U a smelly turd?

Nintendo completely screwed up on the Wii U.  Incorporating the tablet ramped up the price and forced Nintendo to cut down the specs to dangerously current genish levels.  The casuals have left Wii U for free/cheap games on smartphones and Facebook.  The hardcore gamers are still feeling burned by the Wii.  3rd party publishers are backing out and Nintendo software sales are hitting record low levels. The Wii U does not have any feel of innovation to it. 

Nintendo cannot easily drop the price like they can on the 3DS because they are already losing money.  The  tablet is a chain around Nintendo's neck. The 3DS still has a number of loyal 3rd party publishers.  Did Nintendo not learn from the 3rd party disaster that was the Wii?

With the news of new console releases, very few people are going to be interested in buying a Wii U at the current price-tag.  Software is not going to suddenly jump.  I don't expect a 3DS-like rebound for the Wii U.  Nintendo had there chance, billions of dollars in cash reserves, and they came out with this an extremely gimped console. 

I could be wrong, but if I am, how is Nintendo going to rebound?  Video game sales are down across the board.  The last 3 systems to release (3DS, Vita, and Wii U) have all struggled at times.  Even the 3DS is still struggling in the West. 

Most anticipated games of 2011:

Uncharted 3,Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Rocksmith

Modern Warfare 3, Super Mario 3D

Around the Network

You couldn't come up with a less flame-baity title?

Sometimes my Wii U farts if you touch the tablet too much. It smells like eggs.

LOL, Modern Warfare 3 was one of your most anticipated games of 2011. :P

kain_kusanagi said:
You couldn't come up with a less flame-baity title?

No kidding. This thread title smells like a turd I'm afraid and that's not even possible.

Around the Network
Gojimaster said:

Nintendo completely screwed up on the Wii U.  Incorporating the tablet ramped up the price and forced Nintendo to cut down the specs to dangerously current genish levels.  The casuals have left Wii U for free/cheap games on smartphones and Facebook.  The hardcore gamers are still feeling burned by the Wii.  3rd party publishers are backing out and Nintendo software sales are hitting record low levels. The Wii U does not have any feel of innovation to it. 

Nintendo cannot easily drop the price like they can on the 3DS because they are already losing money.  The  tablet is a chain around Nintendo's neck. The 3DS still has a number of loyal 3rd party publishers.  Did Nintendo not learn from the 3rd party disaster that was the Wii?

With the news of new console releases, very few people are going to be interested in buying a Wii U at the current price-tag.  Software is not going to suddenly jump.  I don't expect a 3DS-like rebound for the Wii U.  Nintendo had there chance, billions of dollars in cash reserves, and they came out with this an extremely gimped console. 

I could be wrong, but if I am, how is Nintendo going to rebound?  Video game sales are down across the board.  The last 3 systems to release (3DS, Vita, and Wii U) have all struggled at times.  Even the 3DS is still struggling in the West. 

vita-ish reply...

let's wait after its first year.... when they have a "better" library

Nope. My WiiU smells like roses.

Wait... No. It smells like plastic.

I still think Nintendo should have sold the tablet controller separately as a peripheral, and just packed in a "pro" style controller while upping the specs for the console. This would have allowed them to make more money off the tablet controller and market it separately to its target audience the way M$ markets Kinect to its target audience.

Besides, there are hardly any games out that take advantage of the touch screen, and the ones that do mainly use it for gimmick purposes the same way motion controls were used in Wii games. Plus, it has terrible battery life, and it can be a bit cumbersome for traditional games like ACIII.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Yes.