By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can anyone explain to me why people are obsessed with how the PS4 looks like?

o_O.Q said:
to find something to bitch about lol

Around the Network
fordy said:
Euphoria14 said:
fordy said:
Euphoria14 said:
fordy said:
All of a sudden, looks don't matter, say the same guys who would constantly trash the Gamecube for how it looked.

Hypocrites...

Oh yeah? Do us all a favor and find quotes for everyone here who said anything like that.

Thanks.

Even if I did, you'd fail to believe it since these are from other forums. you know, ones that were around during the Gamecube days, or did you totally forget that?

You made the claim, so back it up.

plus nobody cares what people on other forums said. Go bitch to them, not us.

Tell you what...you convince the admin to allow searches greater than 90 days and I'll give you some quotes..

wow dude are you really harbouring such resentment because of what someone said about a piece of plastic?

I don't think it matters what it looks like personally.

However, I can't understand at all how they could show gameplay of the new Killzone but didn't even show the Blu-ray disc.

Ok, the only thing more ridiculous than caring so much about what the box looks like is claiming that "they showed all the meaningful things that we want to know: Specs, controller, games, networking, integration with other devices, etc."

Price?
Release Date?
What big games it will have?

What it looks like is probably more important to a lot of people than it interacting with the Vita, or even social networking features. The overwhelming majority of PS4 users will not use either of those 2, but this box is going to be sitting next to your tv for years. It's good to know what it will look like.

Every time a new colour is released for an old console people get hyped up that it will increase sales, so I think we are justified in caring a little what it looks like - it will have a huge impact upon sales.

sethnintendo said:
KingofRome said:
Because we need to hump it to make little PS4 babies. If it's ugly, who the hell is going to want to hump it?

That is when you turn the lights off and find the easiest port to slide your unit into.

LMAO

Yay!!!

Around the Network

For the consumers, they are curious to see what it will look like, but I think it could be a good strategy for Sony. Imagine if Sony managed to fit all of the tech into a real slim and stylish casing, while the next Xbox created a stylish casing, but the console being bigger. If Microsoft saw that the PS4 would be a lot smaller while on par, they might rethink their design. Of course, with holiday 2013 being the launch window, that gives Sony more than enough time to show the console design.

In addition, I did read someones comment on an NBC article on why Sony didn't show the console design. They argument was that a lot of people care about putting customize stickers on they consoles, so not showing the design hurts these companies that makes these stickers.

o_O.Q said:
fordy said:
Euphoria14 said:
fordy said:
Euphoria14 said:
fordy said:
All of a sudden, looks don't matter, say the same guys who would constantly trash the Gamecube for how it looked.

Hypocrites...

Oh yeah? Do us all a favor and find quotes for everyone here who said anything like that.

Thanks.

Even if I did, you'd fail to believe it since these are from other forums. you know, ones that were around during the Gamecube days, or did you totally forget that?

You made the claim, so back it up.

plus nobody cares what people on other forums said. Go bitch to them, not us.

Tell you what...you convince the admin to allow searches greater than 90 days and I'll give you some quotes..

wow dude are you really harbouring such resentment because of what someone said about a piece of plastic?

Nope. Just pointing out the entire hypocrisy of this thread.

I didn't care about how the Gamecube looked and I dont care what the Ps4 will look like either..though you have to admit if you were around in the early 2000s the amount of hatred towards how the Gamecube looked was phenomenal, moreso than what the PS4 is getting now...

fordy said:
o_O.Q said:

I didn't care about how the Gamecube looked and I dont care what the Ps4 will look like either..though you have to admit if you were around in the early 2000s the amount of hatred towards how the Gamecube looked was phenomenal, moreso than what the PS4 is getting now...

it's unreasonable to expect such a horrendous design when sony is known for it's sleekness

I was very glad they talked about the Specs and showed them specifically - so we wouldn't have to debate and figure them out later. Seems like we still are barely figuring out what the WiiU has under the plastic hood.

I've never thought that Sony's consoles were ever attractive. Sort of awkward asymmetrical boxes with odd curves tossed in like a kindergarten art project. I would say probably the PS2 slim was my favorite. But I buy I a console to play games. If it actually looks cool, then that is a bonus.

So for me, I didn't really care.

I would like to see how ones that touch pad on the controller. It just seemed awkwardly placed to me, and the thumb-sticks would get in the way.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Max King of the Wild said:
fordy said:
o_O.Q said:

it's unreasonable to expect such a horrendous design when sony is known for it's sleekness

I wouldn't exactly call the latest iteration of the PS3 as "sleek". The plastic sliding door gives it a rather cheap feel.

Besides, that's like saying "Well now that Sony's on top with the PS2, they could NEVER lose the leadership". Guess what happened?