By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - John Carmack, Frostbite 2 tech director, Crytek, and Gearbox endorse PS4 spec

When Carmack gives approval you know its the right direction.

Around the Network

sounds good to me. now i just need to hear about the nextbox before i decide which systems to get.

Well they didn't lie when they said from developers for developers

Sony made good choices this time to please those crybabies.
The NextGen will be defined by Exclusives cause we can be pretty sure Multiplats will work 1:1 on both consoles cause both are probably just PCs.On the other side we will see even more Exclusive Content,Exclusive DLC and so on.Here Microsoft will probably win cause more money is available...Here have a billion we don't care!
And in terms of Exclusives no one can battle with Sony.

Will be interesting.

Its just like they looked at the PS3, saw everything that developers hated about it... And kicked it right it the nuts.

PS4 is possibly the most dev-friendly platform that isnt PC. Can only be good news. Cant wait to see what they can do in 2-3 Years time.

Carl2291 said:
Its just like they looked at the PS3, saw everything that developers hated about it... And kicked it right it the nuts.

PS4 is possibly the most dev-friendly platform that isnt PC. Can only be good news. Cant wait to see what they can do in 2-3 Years time.

More developer freindly than a PC because it's one hardware.

Around the Network

Carmack was one of the most fierce critics of PS3. To earn his sympathy, Sony must have done things right this time.

I gotta feeling that the PS4 will crush and walk all over the competition.

Samething happened with the 360, it was much easier to develope for and it sold better (Not for long), but it didn't dominate cuz it aint no PlayStation.

I don't really know why the 360 didn't dominate. I can only speak of my person tastes. I've always seen it as the Shooter box, I'm not used to the controller, and my hands are small so the Dualshock fits perfectly. But that's not really why I never bought the Xbox 360. I didn't buy it because of the Internet price tag. When Microsoft placed a price tag on the internet, it felt unreasonable. I played a lot of single player games and meeting new uninteresting people online (dicks sometimes with huge egos) was never my priority--less playing with them.

I wanted a machine with beautiful HD graphics and JRPG stories from the the early Final Fantasy series, Grandia 2, Chrono Cross/Trigger & immersion like what I felt from Resident Evil 2, Silent Hill 1, & Fatal Frame. I wanted more than a cross-hare in middle of my screen; hence I went with the PS3. The machine cannot do everything, and what it does, is not very well supported from the software prospective. If they can fix that this following generation, I'll probably buy the PS4. My internet should remain free (that includes the movie/music streaming applications). Why pay for this when TVs can do it now for free. It seems silly, I hope Sony understand this.

i really like where they decided to go with the ps4 so far. the focus on "immediacy" is amazing. eliminating the console start-up. eliminating download times. soo much awesome!

Carl2291 said:

I think Dreamcast will forever hold this title. I mean, the thing was built using Windows and every developer pretty much maxed it out on day 1... Soul Calibur, Sonic Adventure...etc.