By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Touchpad vs. Touchscreen? Sony FTW

good thing the public has already voiced their opinion on the wii u's touch screen already and said "do no want" being that it is the main reason you are putting 350 dollars on the system.

For the touch pad? if thats the only thing you are turned off by then its a minor issue and isnt the reason to drop money on the system.

Wii u will most likely be short lived while the ps4 is yet to be seen

Around the Network
maxnyc said:

It seems like the writing is on the wall. Sony has outsmarted and outinvented Nintendo once again. Their new touchpad is obviously far more innovative and useful than Nintendo's dumb touchscreen gamepad. Why would i want a touchscreen to control my inventory, maps, mini-games, etc, and play completely off-tv? When instead i can have a touchpad, which won't display any information, but will enable me to have swipe and touch controls for the (2) games which will inevitably support it. Sony, i praise you and i praise your vision. This is the best invention of theirs since the original Walkman. Touchpad FTW!

You make Playstation owners everywhere look bad :( ... I sure hope this post was sarcasm.

wvelting said:
maxnyc said:

It seems like the writing is on the wall. Sony has outsmarted and outinvented Nintendo once again. Their new touchpad is obviously far more innovative and useful than Nintendo's dumb touchscreen gamepad. Why would i want a touchscreen to control my inventory, maps, mini-games, etc, and play completely off-tv? When instead i can have a touchpad, which won't display any information, but will enable me to have swipe and touch controls for the (2) games which will inevitably support it. Sony, i praise you and i praise your vision. This is the best invention of theirs since the original Walkman. Touchpad FTW!

You make Playstation owners everywhere look bad :( ... I sure hope this post was sarcasm.

was it sarcasm? No, it was a troll post

Sony's intent was to copy Nintendo's idea of having a wiiiiiiiiider controller.  Then they figured, "well, we may as well put something there in the middle".  They should have gone with their prototype.