By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted reaches 1M?

Squall_Leonhart said:
@Munkeh

Its a PS3 game so it doing well MUST be a mistake to some people on this site (mainly the Wii fans...)

Truth...in it's purest form

Around the Network

Let's see... Heavenly Sword cost $20 mill to develop (with or without marketing, I don't know).

Developer gets $15 per copy ---> 1mill x $15=$15 mill. So very roughly estimated that's a $5 mill loss. Not a huge loss, and not the big flop I initially thought it was. I think it might even get a sequel.

Old news ... but never the less a great one :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

akuma587 said:
Heavenly Sword has a decent chance as does Ratchet. GT5 prologue might too if its numbers weren't split between download and brick and mortar sales.

Same goes for Warhawk.... I wonder what it's true sales are....

Good, good. From what I hear, it is well deserved! Go Naughty Dog! I've loved that dev since the first Crash games on PS, and they never disappoint me.

Around the Network

@ Mummelmann, ND and Insomniac are certainly the best Sony devs, maybe Santa Monica Studios can come close, but I think they win out. I cant wait to see what ND come up with next, either J & D or a less violent Uncharted (no zombies and less shooting, more adventure)

*double post*

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

I didn't doubt that Uncharted would sell a million or more. I think the main controversy was that it started off slower than expected. Nothing near the blockbuster that many were expecting, but after Heavenly Sword massively underperformed, I don't think that is very surprising. I think an Uncharted sequel will probably sell better at the beginning.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

Munkeh111 said:
@ Mummelmann, ND and Insomniac are certainly the best Sony devs, maybe Santa Monica Studios can come close, but I think they win out. I cant wait to see what ND come up with next, either J & D or a less violent Uncharted (no zombies and less shooting, more adventure)

*cough*TeamICO*cough* 

Slimebeast said:
Let's see... Heavenly Sword cost $20 mill to develop (with or without marketing, I don't know).

Developer gets $15 per copy ---> 1mill x $15=$15 mill. So very roughly estimated that's a $5 mill loss. Not a huge loss, and not the big flop I initially thought it was. I think it might even get a sequel.

Last time I spoke with owner of our largest vigeogame retailer, he told me that for now they only get 10 % from each PS 3 game they sold.

60€ x 10% = 6€ ...lets say that another 6€ goes for warehouse. Heavenly Sword belongs to Sony, so there is no other payments for Sony (licence fee)! So now we have 60€ - 12€. Don't forget the manufacture (mass production!) which is like 3€ (I am only guessing). So whole 45€/$ goes for Sony.

45 x 790,000 = 35,550,000€/$ (Heavenly Sword)