By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Prediction: Whatever Sony announces today, people will love it

Will people love whatever Sony shows?

Yes. 32 38.55%

Yes. 10 12.05%

Yes, but I want to see the results. 41 49.40%

Total:83
VGKing said:
People are really showing their true colors today. Kinda sad really.

Im so glad you finally feel that way about the more extreme Sonys fans :P

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

I understand your frustration DirtyP and to a large extent I share it with you.

When you're on the sideline watching these masses of fans who are so overly enthusiastic about something, you sort of feel left outside.

Jay520 said:
happydolphin said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
What if it's actually good and people genuinely like it? Will you still refer back to this if you don't happen to?

It will probably be good and people should genuinely like it, but there will always be those people that will wave the Sony flag no matter what is presented and it makes some of us resent it.

Every company has extreme fans. Judging companies by those extreme fans makes absolutely no sense. In fact, using any fans, reasonable or not, to judge a company makes no sense. If that were your way if life, then you would resent every major entertainment company as they would have plenty unreasonable fans.

Some more then others, which I dont think you have grasped yet.

It may not be fair, but judging the vocal minority is easier because they are public and easy to find. The general public remains silent and is therefore harder to get a read on. Its just natural to see the vocal people and think of them as people with the balls to say what the silent majority aren't.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

I sense someone is upset.

Andrespetmonkey said:
Eternal said:
There is no bias,PS3 is simply better/more quality console over Xbox,no matter the sales.We all know sales don't mean quality,examples:CoD,Ass Creed,Wii games etc etc

I think you'll fit in better over at N4G. Not even a sly dig, you'll just enjoy it more there.

I think he came from N4G :P

Around the Network

Hell, I think I have balls. (touches them) Get of the cool-aid people, it's not healthy.

Luckily for us DirtyP, you're here to restore the balance.

DirtyP2002 said:

this is my prediction. Whatever Sony announces later today, people on VGC and N4G will praise it.

Of course, you're right! Hype of THIS level just cannot be finished other way, or it will be mass suicides in Sonystan... ))))))))

sales2099 said:

1. Some more then others, which I dont think you have grasped yet.

2. It may not be fair, but judging the vocal minority is easier because they are public and easy to find. The general public remains silent and is therefore harder to get a read on. Its just natural to see the vocal people and think of them as people with the balls to say what the silent majority aren't.

1. Of course there is. But it's not possible to objectively measure who has a higher proportion of extreme fans because of bias.

2. It's not just unfair. It's also stupid. Nothing's natural about assuming that extremists represent the majority, especially when the majority explicitly admits that they don't agree with the extremists.

Expectations aren't that big but surprises are sure to be there.