By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Prediction: Whatever Sony announces today, people will love it

Will people love whatever Sony shows?

Yes. 32 38.55%

Yes. 10 12.05%

Yes, but I want to see the results. 41 49.40%

Total:83
DirtyP2002 said:

Hey,

this is my prediction. Whatever Sony announces later today, people on VGC and N4G will praise it. And this goes for software AND hardware. A small glimpse of a new game and people will praise Sony for their first party support. Even though it might turn out crap like PSABR or LBP Karting. Just the logo of the PS4 and it is a done deal.

Sony can't do wrong here.

B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Sounds like what was being said just before the Vita reveal.

Stop hating and start playing.

Around the Network
richardhutnik said:
Conegamer said:
small44 said:
Every compagny had it own fan who will love everything for the compagny,the majority will hate Sony if they don`t announce ps4

Oh my, the meltdowns if it does happen would be insane.

I have visions of a streaming service, instead of a new console, with updated graphics via streaming, that people have to pay a subscription fee to access.

A whole conference for just streaming  gaming is to long and there are so many rumour about ps4 that mean the announce seem likely and Sony show show the videos about evolution of playstation and the evolution will be ps4 

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

pezus said:
Conegamer said:
Well yeah, you only need to look at the PSVita thread to see that any announcement, no matter how small, will be celebrated. But what if it's actually good?

There's only a few ways Sony could screw this up IMO:

1. Make it non-backwards compatible
2. Make online play paid for
3. Make you be online all the time
4. Force the Move into almost every game
5. The graphics are not a lot better than currently.

Out of those, I think 1 and 5 are most likely, 2 and 4 slightly less so and 3 the least likely of the lot. But I doubt Sony would do more than a couple those so it should be all good really!

Argh, I certainly hope so.

PSVita was no small announcement. It was huge at the time. Let's not look back with coloured glasses

I'm not talking about the announcement, I'm talking about M.U.G.E.N's (admittadly awesome) thread, which is most likely going to be the biggest the site has veer seen very shortly.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Screamapillar said:
The big story coming out of today is probably going to be people complaining that next-gen graphics don't look much better than current-gen. Expect it.

If SONY doesn't have tons of 'target renders' masquearading as games, that would be the biggest story of the day and a first for them.

Your PABR point doesn't make any sense. Assuming PABR is a garbage game, that doesn't mean it was somehow unreasonable to be excited for it's release. First of all, the excitement was mainly pre-release before anyone had an idea about the quality of the game (as with any title). And secondly, many people were just excited that Sony released a long-requested brawler mashup which doesn't depend on quality.

Around the Network
Andrespetmonkey said:
What if it's actually good and people genuinely like it? Will you still refer back to this if you don't happen to?

It will probably be good and people should genuinely like it, but there will always be those people that will wave the Sony flag no matter what is presented and it makes some of us resent it.

I don't know why more people didn't choose Yes #2 like me, clearly the best option.

I think Sony fans will like whatever is shown. Other fans will say it's lame. As far as the rest of us, I think it depends on what's shown.

That said, anything negative about the system to be shown is unlikely. As in, I don't think we will hear about the $525 priced bundle, the paid online for matchmaking, the lack of backward compatibilty or the banning of used games.

I think today we will be shown a pretty new system. We will see a cool new controller. We will hear about the virtues of cloud gaming. And we will see some snippets of good-looking games and positive words from the makers of Destiny, Watch Dogs and others. Today will be all feel-good stuff. Anything to gripe about will probably be revealed in a much more low-key way.

happydolphin said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
What if it's actually good and people genuinely like it? Will you still refer back to this if you don't happen to?

It will probably be good and people should genuinely like it, but there will always be those people that will wave the Sony flag no matter what is presented and it makes some of us resent it.

Every company has extreme fans. Judging companies by those extreme fans makes absolutely no sense. In fact, using any fans, reasonable or not, to judge a company makes no sense. If that were your way if life, then you would resent every major entertainment company as they would have plenty unreasonable fans.

Jay520 said:
happydolphin said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

Every company has extreme fans. Judging companies by those extreme fans makes absolutely no sense. In fact, using any fans, reasonable or not, to judge a company makes no sense. If that were your way if life, then you would resent every major entertainment company as they would have plenty unreasonable fans.

Jay, it's not because I didn't vote for you that I don't think you're absolutely friggin' awesome.

But you misread my post. Unless you weren't talking about me when you used "you", rather you meant "one". Amiright?

happydolphin said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

But Playstation Move is fucking awesome and revolutionary.

Those guys? Sure. I just hate getting associated with them because I like Sony. I get what you mean though.