By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Official Resistance 2 Screenshots (breathtaking)

wow you are like the only person who hasn't played Halo 3 at legendary then, I can tell you though, I didn't encounter any frame drops (and yes the lightning is better in Halo 3 then almost any other game, except maybe Crysis)

Around the Network
SleepWaking said:
wow you are like the only person who hasn't played Halo 3 at legendary then, I can tell you though, I didn't encounter any frame drops (and yes the lightning is better in Halo 3 then almost any other game, except maybe Crysis)

Halo 3 isn't frame rate solid, to quote a 360/Halo fan review:

"When the action gets intense, particularly on the last mission, there is a lot of frame rate jumps; but this is an issue for most games on the Xbox 360 that have too much action going on at once."

http://www.xboxexclusive.com/reviews.php?id=54

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

My god that looks ... well just amazing . I lol at people who go and praise some Wii games for their looks and come here and say that this game ,, only " looks OK . Halo 3 could easily hide behind it :D

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Those look pretty good, let's hope that when we see it in motion that it is still this good.

well in my opinion it looks great but wouldnt expect and thing but pure greatness from insomniac

^great way to get free games and accessories for PS3,360,Wii,PSP and DS. Residents of US,UK,CANADA and AUSTRALIA (It actually Works i have done it and their is testimonials with pics)

Around the Network

Meh. Looks about as good as UT3, witch is not a bad thing. Hopefully they can make it play well.

It looks good. I'd like the see it in motion, but I have no doubt that it's going to be an improvement over the first one. Hell, these screens look like it'll have a little more color and the shadows look brand new and something that the first one didn't have at all (apart from some shadows from your flashlight inside indoor areas).

The first one wasn't the best game ever, but it was still good. If anything, attributing everything in the story to 'the mystery of the Chimera' was rather annoying for me because it felt like nothing wanted to be explained. I know it's part of the story that the Chimera are like that, but it was just annoying me to hear "chalk another to the mystery of the Chimera" all the time.

wonder if we'll finally find out more about 'the cloven' etc. etc. Screens look good at this stage - nothing looks faked (I don't think Insomniac would do that anyway) - and they say more of the same but better and bigger.

Given the leap with the same core engine from RFOM to R&C I'm very curious how much further they push the core code this time.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

@ IllegalPaladin

It looks good. I'd like the see it in motion, but I have no doubt that it's going to be an improvement over the first one. Hell, these screens look like it'll have a little more color and the shadows look brand new and something that the first one didn't have at all (apart from some shadows from your flashlight inside indoor areas).

Agreed, I think Resistance: Fall of Man was the best launch game either the PS3 or 360 had to offer.

For me, the story of part 1 was very appealing, made me want to know the rest of the story.

Resistance 2, I am sure will be technically far more impressive. The first game looks and feels like a World War 2 era game like it was intended with its black & white picture voice over story telling. I think Resistance 2 will feel far more modern, in-game technology seems to be far more advanced.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

yes this game looks really great i think it has a chance to outsell the first resistance and killzone2

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"