By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Official Resistance 2 Screenshots (breathtaking)

Looks great!

I like how the 360 fans are the ones that are claiming this doesn't look that good... When if this was on the 360 they would be drooling over it lol... Then again thats what has to be expected :P

Around the Network

Meh let anyone say what they will ^_^ this games technical prowres already speaks for it's self. When the game comes out it will look INSANE (for us enthusiasts), and it will look meh for anyone wanting it to be so. I thought Halo 3's graphics were "meh", I was expecting more :P

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

wow wow wow guys first the chain now this ? these look way better then the chain but nothing amazing !
im not saying its looks bad but certenly not amazing !!

......I don't know if it actually looks that good. Or let me say it in a different way, it looks very good but does it look a whole lot better than other games i have played thus far (Halo3, Gears, CoD4)? Since i don't have and hdtv but a normal SD set the answer for me is a no.

Seriously i don't want to judge definitively based on a couple of pictures, first a want a trailer. Oh and Halo 3 had good lighting effects.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

It looks certainly good but some people are overreacting. None the less I'm happy (BTW I do not trust the PSN for the 60 people on-line guess we will have to see).

Around the Network
Squall_Leonhart said:
Looks great!

I like how the 360 fans are the ones that are claiming this doesn't look that good... When if this was on the 360 they would be drooling over it lol... Then again thats what has to be expected :P

Although things like that do happen regularly, I suspect  this is more a case of PS3 fanboys, deprived of games and wondering why their machine isn't making the Xbox 360 look eight years old like Sony said it would claiming that these screenshots look far better than they actually do.........

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
Squall_Leonhart said:
Looks great!

Although things like that do happen regularly, I suspect this is more a case of PS3 fanboys, deprived of games and wondering why their machine isn't making the Xbox 360 look eight years old like Sony said it would claiming that these screenshots look far better than they actually do.........

I can only speak for myself, I own more games for my PS3 already than I have the time to play them all as much as I would like to.

I also expected more from Halo 3 technically (640p rendering resolution, no AA, no solid framerate) considering their development budget, this being by far being the 360's most high profile exclusive, the amount of time the 360 has been on the market and the amount of development time spend on this game.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Well ofcourse it wont look impressive, he has oversized the image, when you look at the game

in SD which is the way the screens were captured:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/30000.html

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

I've noticed that they are all in 1080x1920 resolution!

Given that an enormous number of PS3 and 360 games are shipping with less than traditional high-def resolutions MikeB, i think it is a stretch to call either of them TrueHD consoles to coin Sony's phrase.

Like you I can only speak for myself, but I didn't encounter a single frame-rate drop in the entire Halo 3 campaign. To be fair I haven't yet tried legendary, which is the setting that would tax the Xbox 360 the most.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS