By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Official Resistance 2 Screenshots (breathtaking)

They sure look great, but they aren't 'breath-taking'. Nothing the 360 can't do. Still I'm expecting an even better game than the original.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

Around the Network

People talking like Halo 3 is the standard-bearer in graphics which it most certainly isn't...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:
People talking like Halo 3 is the standard-bearer in graphics which it most certainly isn't...

Uncharted, UT3, Gears, and CoD4 easily trump it.  Even Assassin's Creed is a good step up, imo.

This game will certainly convert a lot of 360 infidels to the PS3 side. I'm a hard core 360/Halo fan, but this (and the only) title makes me question my "devotion" to the 360

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

starcraft said:
OK, they look alright. I will pick this game, but so far it is not the orgasmic eye-candy fest people are claiming. And for the person that mentioned the lighting, once again it is good but not fantastic. Halo 3 for example had better lighting (though lighting was one of that games strong-suits).

yes the lighting is better in Halo 3.. if you like super intense bloom effects

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:

I didn't even notice the tanks until you said that. Now the question is, why aren't they fighting? It seems to me as if the tanks and stalkers are on the same side right there.

Goliaths

Yah I'm sorry, every scan I"ve seen of this game looks much better than Halo 3 xD I think people confuse Halo 3's lighting being good because none of their other FPS's really have much light ._.;; That and did anyone see the "people models" in Halo 3? Oh man they were horrible LOL, but master chief in armor looked awesome :P Maybe bungies just really good at creating armor xD

On a side note, if this is running off the Ratchet and Clank engine, does that mean this game will be running at 60FPS?

@making music, this game better NOT be 1080p, I don't think the developer world could take that kind of preasure to make PS3 games xD 

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

ChronotriggerJM said:

Yah I'm sorry, every scan I"ve seen of this game looks much better than Halo 3 xD I think people confuse Halo 3's lighting being good because none of their other FPS's really have much light ._.;; That and did anyone see the "people models" in Halo 3? Oh man they were horrible LOL, but master chief in armor looked awesome :P Maybe bungies just really good at creating armor xD

On a side note, if this is running off the Ratchet and Clank engine, does that mean this game will be running at 60FPS?

@making music, this game better NOT be 1080p, I don't think the developer world could take that kind of preasure to make PS3 games xD 

I don't expect them to do 1080p or 60 FPS. It will probably be 720p/30FPS, the number, size and details of the enemies is too high. Anyway if it comes out looking like that at 720p/30FPS will be awesome.

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

krik said:
ChronotriggerJM said:

I don't expect them to do 1080p or 60 FPS. It will probably be 720p/30FPS, the number, size and details of the enemies is too high. Anyway if it comes out looking like that at 720p/30FPS will be awesome.

Well, the screenshots are 1080p, and developers usually don't release screens larger then the actual game renders...

ckmlb said:

As far as I can tell one person said that this game is looking like Halo 3 graphically which is a compliment (he didn't say anything about 'standard-bearing.'  And then there was me with my completely accurate comment that the lighting in Halo 3 is far superior to the lighting in this game based on these screenshots.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS