By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Which of the PS3 exclusive titles will Drastically push the PS3 hardware?

each exclusive will boost sales but all combined will let the PS3's weekly sales be raised above what it will be this year (to early to tell right now for Q1 settle point)

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

GTA moved a lot of consoles for the PS2 but back then it was exclusive. This time around not so much so the same effect is gonna be seen on the 360. On games announced I think final fantasy XIII and little big planet are going to be the biggest console sellers. In response to someone above... many people haven't heard of "uncharted" or "R&C" they still think the ps3 has no games except for heavenly sword and Resistance. Almost everyone has heard of MGS4, Little Big Planet, and final fantasy XIII. They're just known names. Mister romar... ps3's been outselling the 360 for a while... go check your numbers... And whoever said one game won't do it was right. The reason the ps3 is going to rise is because it has AAA game after AAA game lined up in 08 and beginning 09.

EDIT: Yea and to troll there is no way a game like final fantasy XIII could be put on the wii. Actually I don't even think Heavenly Sword could be put on the wii... or resistance... even good 360 games can't be put on the wii. The wii can't get many ps3 and 360 games so it relies on exclusives and family oriented ports to pull through.

LittleBigPlanet will bomb, guaranteed.

people are 4getting bout haze. a guy i know at ebgames [his a microsft fanboy = loves bill gates] said the only ps3 game he said interested him from a xbox 360 point of view is gran turismo 5 and haze. mgs4 i think only for sony fans the same as killzone 2.

i would say haze n gran tursimo 5 would push ps3 units

These games werent listed but i think they will move hardware, at least in japan, white knight story, yakuza 3, (not exclusive but could be important) eternal sonata, and the rumored ace combat 5 or 6, whatever #, look what that game did for the 360 inn japan.

Around the Network

White knight story and haze will be great games, but the problem is they aren't known to the public. 360 and Wii people have never heard of haze unless they check ps3 gaming news. same goes for the white knight story. Even infamous isn't known to people outside of the ps3 realm and I'm thinking it'll be one of the best.

GT5 by far. With FF XIII and MGS 4 far behind.

I think people are REALLY overestimating Resistance 2's hardware selling potential.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

In Order in my opinion
GT5
FFXIII
MGS4
KILLZONE 2
GOW 3

Well, considering the biggest war for sony is in Japan, currently, the only two contenders are GT5, and Tekken.

I say Gran Turismo 5 is the only title on this list that is "swingworthy" as far as sales are concerned. 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

FFXIII
GT5
KZ2
MGS4
R2
LBP
GTA4
GoW3

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far