By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Which of the PS3 exclusive titles will Drastically push the PS3 hardware?

Definitely GT5 - followed by the FF games. MGS will sell some consoles, but in my opinion its "just another shooter".

Resistance 2 = definitely not. I can't believe people are even suggesting it. How many people didn't like Resistance 1, yet will like R2 - enough to buy a PS3? Not many.

The other big title - HOME

LBP has a chance, but I'm not too sure how it will do. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

Resistance Fall of Men 2.

GTAIV.

MGS4.

But those won't push hardware by so much that it will obliterate the 360 or the Wii...

Example could be how Gundam Mosou didn't propell hardware by much.

Or Mario Galaxy on Wii or Halo 3 on X360 for that matter... 

THE NETHERLANDS

shams said:

Definitely GT5 - followed by the FF games. MGS will sell some consoles, but in my opinion its "just another shooter".

Resistance 2 = definitely not. I can't believe people are even suggesting it. How many people didn't like Resistance 1, yet will like R2 - enough to buy a PS3? Not many.

The other big title - HOME

LBP has a chance, but I'm not too sure how it will do.

MSG4 is "just another shooter"?  Are you insane?

Metal Gear Solid and then Final Fantasy......... Resistance 2 I don't think so, that is because Resistance 1 being a launch title.

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558

how does people get banned?

Around the Network

i would have to say final fantasy for japan and GT for european and NA

Gran Turism 5 will push the sales to the limit.

PSN: PapaSmurf5721

End of 2008 Sales:

Wii- 39 Million 360- 25Million PS3- 22 Million

PSN: papasmurf5721

PapaSmurf5721 - Why don't you suggest what that limit might be?

I think that Tekken 6 won't have much of an immediate boost - but hardware sales might go up about 5-6k per week for ~1 month in Japan because of this game.

MGS4 will be a very frontloaded game sales wise and break 1million within the first two weeks, and proceed to sell around 4-5 million total WW by the end of this generation. I believe that it will boost hardware sales by about 100k (per region) on launch week. Bundles of the game could help the sales of the PS3 maintain a +30k than normal sales for about 2 months.

GT5 will see a huge hardware boost. Possibly around 250k on launch week. Possibly a small increase the week before (like what Halo 3 and the 360 saw). It will also maintain high sales for about 3/4 weeks in Japan, 1 month in the US, 2-3 months in Others.

I would like to see all three bundled by the end of this year in Japan, and possibly adding FFXIII mid-09. I think that would push PS3 h/w sales in Japan up by about 15-20k per week.

FFXIII will sell eleventy-billion consoles day one. The world will head into recession as noone goes into work for the next week, as they're glued to the screens. Sonys shareholders explode, as the PS3 hits 99.99% marketshare, but Sony also lose 36 trillion dollars in one day thanks to selling at a loss.

sony will definitly get a +1 in units sold when ffxiii comes out...

coz that's when i'll be getting a ps3

Top Sellers

Gran Turismo 5 - The first four have sold at least 8.87 million, although granted the install base was higher, so I'd expect over its lifetime to sell at least 4-5 million, selling some systems along the way.

Metal Gear 4 - Usually sells 4-5 million. I'd expect 3 million out of it and to sell some systems.

Final Fantasy 13- Seems to sell a lot, i'd expect 4 million out of it.

My favourite is Killzone 2 - I'd expect at least 2-3 million