By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Which of the PS3 exclusive titles will Drastically push the PS3 hardware?

Bodhesatva said:

Gran Turismo trumps all those games easily. The last Gran Turismo sold more than the last Metal Gear Solid, God of War, Tekken and Killzone combined.

Let me just repeat that without the links, for greater emphasis: the last Gran Turismo game (which was still the lowest total for the series ever, by the way) sold more copies than the combined totals of Metal Gear Solid 3, God of War II, Tekken 5 and Killzone 1.

People who think that MGS4/GoWar are in Gran Turismo's territory are dreaming. Gran Turismo is the killer there -- internet nerds such as me have an inflated sense of the importance of the Metal Gear series because it caters almost entirely to us, while games in much bigger franchises such as Gran Turismo and Madden branch out significantly to other markets. We don't really understand how big a deal they are because we don't spend dozens of hours typing huge threads about their backstory and possible future developments and how the gameplay will work and who we think the supporting cast will be and gosh do you guys think Raiden will be a playable character again?

Not that Metal Gear isn't a great game or that it's not a big deal, mind you; I'm just saying that people have an overinflated sense of the game's value as a system seller.

u could have just said 4 GT games sold 46 MILLION

yahh. 

Around the Network

Good to know MakingMusic, thanks.

Just imagine if we spent as much time talking about power ratings for Madden. Which team is overvalued? What team is optimal for full season mode?  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

supermario128 said:
The final fantasy games, but I think they will be coming to Wii very soon once they don't sell on PS3 so well.

That's bait and trolling supermario128.  Don't do it again.  This is a warning.

Soriku is actually right. Sony only owns about 8% of Square's stock, which basically gives them no say at all in Square's decisions. Hence the massive amount of DS support versus the less than desirable amount of PSP support. Not that supermario128's comment was in any way justified or appropriate. Just saying that Sony has no say in Square's decisions.

I think the most stock Sony ever owned in Squaresoft was 19%, and that was before the merger Square Enix merger.

Around the Network

I can't think of any title in the history of the videogame market that has every dramatically pushed any systems hardware ...

There have been a few cases where a price reduction or hardware revision and the release of several big titles allowed a system to see dramatically higher sales, but this is typically early in a generation when no company is seeing strong sales.

I wish sony fans would give it up, NO game is gonna save the ps3 or turn things around for it. All the big big blockbuster games do these days is give a boost to sales for the month of release and then back to normal sales.
Look at Halo3, its a bigger hardware pusher than any ps3 game on the list. It only beat the wii by a few thousand units in its month of release. Not only that, the wii had its best month since launch.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

HappySqurriel said:

I can't think of any title in the history of the videogame market that has every dramatically pushed any systems hardware ...

wii sports

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

Resistance 2 and GTA 4, case closed.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

dude the wii cannot even process a spec of ff13 that is a ps3 EXCLUSIVE!!!! so don;t count on ff13 on wii not happening