By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official LGBTA Thread - Supreme Court rules for Marriage Equality

axumblade said:
iceland said:
I could have sworn I've posted in this thread before, strange.

Anyways I consider myself Bisexual, I really like beards. xD

epic beards or trimmed? 

Nicely trimmed, not something like off of Duck Dynasty.

Kind of funny that I use that example hehe

Around the Network
axumblade said:

What's not sexy about duck dynasty? lol. 

But for real, I love a good beard that's well trimmed. A side note, if I shave my beard off, I look freakishly young. So I keep it intact so I at least look like I'm in my 20's. 

Also, adding you to the list now...which for some reason I thought I had done already as well. XD 

ah I so agree, problem is I get lazy and let mine grow for too long xD

Dude like I posted in some LGBT thread before, I swear! lol

Far Cry 4 will have a gay character in it:
http://myxboxlive.com/gaming/ubisoft-confirms-far-cry-4-character-is-gay/

Maybe there will be many more games now with gay people in them, so its good news for you guys! :)

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:

Maybe there will be many more games now with gay people in them, so its good news for you guys! :)

Of course he's the villain

In all seriousness, a step in the right direction.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

axumblade said:
Kantor said:
MoHasanie said:

Showing gay people as villains is a step in the right direction? I object! :p 

Also, adding Mr_No to the list as he requested. Welcome to the LGBTA list :) 

Yeahhh. Did you see the Far Cry trailer? The villain guy was so mean and evil.People will think twice now before saying something rude :P . 

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
axumblade said:
Kantor said:

Yeahhh. Did you see the Far Cry trailer? The villain guy was so mean and evil.People will think twice now before saying something rude :P . 

I for one think a gay character in a game is a bit of an advancement. But why a villain? Is it me, or most of the gay characters in videogames are villains?

Mr_No said:
MoHasanie said:
axumblade said:
Kantor said:

I for one think a gay character in a game is a bit of an advancement. But why a villain? Is it me, or most of the gay characters in videogames are villains?

(I'm not gay, and don't give a shit about LGBTQXKIZP)

Because that's one of the gay character trope, and probably one of the best villain trope ever: the crazy gay psycopath who builts a remote 80s disco gay empire.

But I think the best way to incorporate a gay characters in a video game would be either if the fact that he's gay is directly relevant to the plot, or if he's randomly diverse character who happens to be gay, as the main hero or protagonist.

The fault too many game devs do when they want to incorporate a minority (a western minority) in a video game is that they force it down you throat like some kind of positive discrimination while in fact reinforcing stereotypes, for example portraying a gay hero with a pink jacket, tinted hairs and effeminate attitude when he could just be a casual male/female hero who happens to gay like lots are in real life.

Although they've said that the villain in Far Cry 4 isn't gay, they are promising more diverse characters in future games.

http://www.examiner.com/article/ubisoft-promises-more-diverse-characters-future-games

iceland said:
axumblade said:
iceland said:
I could have sworn I've posted in this thread before, strange.

Anyways I consider myself Bisexual, I really like beards. xD

epic beards or trimmed? 

Nicely trimmed, not something like off of Duck Dynasty.

Kind of funny that I use that example hehe

Like this?

Signature goes here!

Hello :) I'm relatively new to this site and I can see this thread is a little dead but I would really like to be added to the list. I'm bisexual btw (*⌒―⌒*)