By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official LGBTA Thread - Supreme Court rules for Marriage Equality

axumblade said:

Of course I'll add you to the list, but only because you are the other person on the site that's still hoping on Diddy Kong Racing 2 to happen! :P 

Haha thank you ^^ just keeping hope alive I guess

Around the Network
axumblade said:

Wow. This thread has been dead for a while. X_x Here's a pic to show the progress of gay marriage in the U.S. In comparison to last year, there were only 14 states that recognized it. And of course the South and the Midwest are the main hiccups for gay marriage in the U.S. :p 

I wasn't aware gay marriage had progressed that much in the States! That's wonderful news!

Signature goes here!

axumblade said:

Wow. This thread has been dead for a while. X_x Here's a pic to show the progress of gay marriage in the U.S. In comparison to last year, there were only 14 states that recognized it. And of course the South and the Midwest are the main hiccups for gay marriage in the U.S. :p 

So... yellow States almost there and red stripes will be bullied into allowing it, correct?

Hey Americans! Florida has been occupied! >:)
Actually, I think 2015 is the year where the US finally allows it everywhere.

US - Alabama.

Around the Network

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=198398&page=1#

Plugging my new tournament ....

Didn't know this thread existed! Tagged.

I identify myself as bi, but I'm more of a 4 on the Kinsey Scale. It'll probably be a while before my state (Texas) allows gay marriage.

Edit: About 7 months later and I now officially identify as gay. Just didn't feel right leaving this unchanged.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Skullwaker said:

I identify myself as bi, but I'm more of a 4 on the Kinsey Scale. It'll probably be a while before my state (Texas) allows gay marriage.

Well, I'm in Australia, and it definitely seems like hell would freeze over before we achieve marriage equality. Which is a wee bit surprising as our Prime Minister’s sister is a Lesbian and yet he still preaches the old “marriage can only be a man and woman” line. It must hurt to be her.

So yup, gay here too. Living with my boyfriend of 4 years and stuff, hoping one day we can get married without having to move countries.

NNID: TanukiTrooper - PSN: MatrosRx - STEAM: TanukiTrooper

MatrosRx said:
Skullwaker said:

Well, I'm in Australia, and it definitely seems like hell would freeze over before we achieve marriage equality. Which is a wee bit surprising as our Prime Minister’s sister is a Lesbian and yet he still preaches the old “marriage can only be a man and woman” line. It must hurt to be her.

So yup, gay here too. Living with my boyfriend of 4 years and stuff, hoping one day we can get married without having to move countries.

Really?  I thought Australia was really liberal/democratic with forward thinking citizens.  I was always under the impression you were one of the most civilized nations in the world. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
MatrosRx said:
Skullwaker said:

Really?  I thought Australia was really liberal/democratic with forward thinking citizens.  I was always under the impression you were one of the most civilized nations in the world. 

The citizens are fairly mixed, we have very strong waves of racism mixed with very progressively minded people. But despite our bigots, Australians generally believe that marriage equality should happen, every poll I have seen has been in favour of it. The problem is, most of the politicians here tend to lean to the conservative right, even our first female Prime Minister who leant to the left voted against marriage equality. This is because her party is funded by the workers unions, one of which is the Christian Union that wanted her party to stop marriage equality from happening. Then we had the conservative party that was forced by their leader (our now Prime Minister) to vote against it as a block even though some of their members support changes to the marriage act to include same-sex relationships.

Now that we have the conservative party leading the country, talks of marriage equality have pretty much screeched to a halt.

Edit: Having had just said all that, I went onto Facebook and the top post on my feed was about an Australian ad that is going to air tonight that is anti-marriage equality. Fun-fun!

http://www.samesame.com.au/news/12016/Anti-marriage-equality-ad-will-be-broadcast-tonight

NNID: TanukiTrooper - PSN: MatrosRx - STEAM: TanukiTrooper