By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official LGBTA Thread - Supreme Court rules for Marriage Equality

SnowPrince said:
I'm 19 and i've never had a sexual relationship of any kind, and I don't have any interest in. Does that include me in the Asexual section ? (Because if I thought of getting married, i would just be doing a duty or getting children, nothing more..)

In my opinion, if you want to identify as that, then do so.  At its narrowest definition, asexuality is a complete lack of sexual desire/attraction.    But generally speaking, its a pretty broad collection of people with all sorts of positions.   If you feel out of place with any other labels and find comfort in the idea of using asexual to describe yourself, then I would recommend you do so. 

For me personally,  when I came across the concept of asexuality some years ago online, it was a moment of realization.  It was not an idea I had been familiar with beforehand and I typically just felt other things didn't accurately describe who I was/am so rejected "labels" in general.   I don't feel sexual attraction about 99% of the time, but I can in the right situation.  I enjoy sex somtimes, even if I don't feel that sort of attraction to someone.  Some asexuals abhor the idea of sex.  I still want to find a relationship, probably with a guy because I absolutely hate women, eventhough when I was younger I had a couple crushes that included girls.  Some asexuals do not wish relationships.  I think there are actually a couple asexual dating sites even. 

He doesn't row.

Jakobs. We know if you've got wood in your hand, you're happy.

Around the Network
benao87 said:

The sad part is that the person that filled the complaint, is now a member of the District Council, and he is now going against the city local TV station because it has broadcasted programs that promotes the debates, and support the LGBT movement. Yeah the guy is an ass. He even asked for the list of LGBT people that worked in the station, claiming that it was an indirect way of 'wasting' public resources. Indeed, the guy is an ass.

I think we've got a closet case here!

Signature goes here!

roam said:

In my opinion, if you want to identify as that, then do so.  At its narrowest definition, asexuality is a complete lack of sexual desire/attraction.    But generally speaking, its a pretty broad collection of people with all sorts of positions.   If you feel out of place with any other labels and find comfort in the idea of using asexual to describe yourself, then I would recommend you do so. 

For me personally,  when I came across the concept of asexuality some years ago online, it was a moment of realization.  It was not an idea I had been familiar with beforehand and I typically just felt other things didn't accurately describe who I was/am so rejected "labels" in general.   I don't feel sexual attraction about 99% of the time, but I can in the right situation.  I enjoy sex somtimes, even if I don't feel that sort of attraction to someone.  Some asexuals abhor the idea of sex.  I still want to find a relationship, probably with a guy because I absolutely hate women, eventhough when I was younger I had a couple crushes that included girls.  Some asexuals do not wish relationships.  I think there are actually a couple asexual dating sites even. 

You know, i'm somehow growing up to be just like you. I too have dated couple girls (2 to be precise), but i've had litterally zero interest in having sex with one of them, I started opening to the "males" world sometime later, and felt awkwardly attracted. Then three years ago, the day i've had the chance to "date" if we could call it so, because it was just a friend who turned out to be a sex addict, while we've been playing some video games, we did kiss but he wanted to go further, I did not like it and nothing happened eventually, since that day i knew somehow that it was not about gender but for me lacking any se desire. But still, i would rather consider men than women. So no changes are required, isn't it ?

NB: How on earth, those dating sites exist if asexual people aren't interested in such relationships ?!

SnowPrince said:
roam said:

You know, i'm somehow growing up to be just like you. I too have dated couple girls (2 to be precise), but i've had litterally zero interest in having sex with one of them, I started opening to the "males" world sometime later, and felt awkwardly attracted. Then three years ago, the day i've had the chance to "date" if we could call it so, because it was just a friend who turned out to be a sex addict, while we've been playing some video games, we did kiss but he wanted to go further, I did not like it and nothing happened eventually, since that day i knew somehow that it was not about gender but for me lacking any se desire. But still, i would rather consider men than women. So no changes are required, isn't it ?

NB: How on earth, those dating sites exist if asexual people aren't interested in such relationships ?!

Some do.  Romantic asexual vs aromantic asexual, and so the romantic ones desire that sort of companionship still.  Which could become incredibly awkward and uncomfortable if they were trying to date a sexual person.  :)

He doesn't row.

Jakobs. We know if you've got wood in your hand, you're happy.

TruckOSaurus said:
benao87 said:

The sad part is that the person that filled the complaint, is now a member of the District Council, and he is now going against the city local TV station because it has broadcasted programs that promotes the debates, and support the LGBT movement. Yeah the guy is an ass. He even asked for the list of LGBT people that worked in the station, claiming that it was an indirect way of 'wasting' public resources. Indeed, the guy is an ass.

OMG could this fixation, could it be..... :)

Booo, I though you were going to comment further on my highly detailed post about those campaigns.

Around the Network
benao87 said:

Booo, I though you were going to comment further on my highly detailed post about those campaigns.

If it makes you feel any better, I found it really interesting to read that whole post.

benao87 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
benao87 said:

OMG could this fixation, could it be..... :)

Well, I did read it all and watched the ad. Sadly since I don't know the situation in Columbia, all I can provide as comment is that it's nice to see LGBTA rights being fought for in Bogota. Hopefully the rest of Columbia will follow suit.

Signature goes here!

Kresnik said:
benao87 said:

If it makes you feel any better, I found it really interesting to read that whole post.

congratulation... you are now part of the 5% in vgchartz that read the post before replying or commenting :P

Kresnik said:
benao87 said:

Thanks mate, it does feel better :)

@trucks, well, its unlikely that other regions in Colombia start showing strong support. But, we'll be patient.

aikohualda said:
Deyon said:
aikohualda said:
Deyon said:
aikohualda said:

i had a poster of nirvana when i was a teenager, does that make me straight?

Naw, that makes you Bisexual ;o

i might go bisexual for natalie portman

I might go gay for Tom Hardy O.O

oh

damn didnt know that he is uhm hot without the mask

Holy crap! I'll go gay for that...wait...nevermind...I'm already gay!!