By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official LGBTA Thread - Supreme Court rules for Marriage Equality

axumblade said:

I feel that it has a lot of parallels to any civil rights struggle. There's always going to be some pushback, even decades after you'd think the issue shouldn't exist anymore. My sister married a black man and has 4 interracial children and some of my family members still pass "judgment" because of that.

According to the Prophet Comstock, inter-racial couples are bad... of course he does live in 1912.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

I'm 19 and i've never had a sexual relationship of any kind, and I don't have any interest in. Does that include me in the Asexual section ? (Because if I thought of getting married, i would just be doing a duty or getting children, nothing more..)

SnowPrince said:
I'm 19 and i've never had a sexual relationship of any kind, and I don't have any interest in. Does that include me in the Asexual section ? (Because if I thought of getting married, i would just be doing a duty or getting children, nothing more..)

I would strongly advise you against marrying just to have children. Even if a woman says she's fine with it, I highly doubt she'd be happy with her life and that could also affect you and most importantly your children. Sex is an important part of most people's lives, so you need to think long and hard before you decide to start a family (and actually meet a woman who's fine with that).

And yes, it sounds like your asexual, but maybe that's because you're so young (anyone with more experience on this could help). 

Good for Uruguay, congress here has delayed the discussion once again. Sigh, things will probably stay the same around here, now that you are talking about tv shows, there used to be a soap opera here (Colombians do love their soaps), the whole thing was about a family, and in it a transgender character. Surprisingly the show was very popular, and also this character, and I can't remember people going against it, for morals or whatever. Probably as the show was more a comedy than a drama, then the matter was taking more lightly. He even appeared in the most famous men's magazine, but to be fair on that last part, the chief editor of that magazine has always fought the traditional morals of the country, once he portrayed the last supper with a nude woman as Christ :)

Retagging again xD

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network
axumblade said:
Added SnowPrince to the OP. Am I missing anybody else?

This thread has been pretty active today. :)

I needed to tag it again, and when I saw it in the Hot Topics, ha!

What did you guys think of the ads I posted? I thought they were very well made, they show a light kiss and nothing shocking and convey the message pretty well that gays are just people.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
What did you guys think of the ads I posted? I thought they were very well made, they show a light kiss and nothing shocking and convey the message pretty well that gays are just people.

Je ne parle pas français. But they were kinda sweet. 

Tom3k said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Je ne parle pas français. But they were kinda sweet. 

The end message says "Does it change anything to what you thought a few seconds ago?"

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:

Well, unfortunately you kind of spoiled us the 'surprise', but I think those are cool, mostly the first one when they kiss and the whole family is not giving a single dam.

Bogota is an interesting case, there is a significant and strong movement supporting the LGTBA communities, but most of the people are homophobic, or have homophobic tendencies. But, it's still way better than the rest of a very very conservative and catholic country.

This one is from, ...don't know, maybe 10 years ago. When the mayor actively and openly started supporting the cause.

This one is more recently, about 2~3 years old, and was part of probably one of the most strong campaign made in the country, or at least the most important that I've seen. There were ads in TV and on the street, mainly  on bus stops. The thing is that it caused the rage of the conservative party, and there was a formal complaint to the government office that investigate the misuse of public resources. They stated that the campaign were "promoting homosexuality" exposing it to children and teens. The funniest part is that apparently it was abusing the rights of the people that were not LGBT. Anyways, I really don't know what happened with that complaint.

Here is the video, and the images, it says "In Bogota, one can be..."

The sad part is that the person that filled the complaint, is now a member of the District Council, and he is now going against the city local TV station because it has broadcasted programs that promotes the debates, and support the LGBT movement. Yeah the guy is an ass. He even asked for the list of LGBT people that worked in the station, claiming that it was an indirect way of 'wasting' public resources. Indeed, the guy is an ass.

TL;DR

Bottom line, even though there is a strong movement that supports the community, there is also a strong proportion of the residents that still have homophobic tendencies.