By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Hi All,

I just wanted to bring this up but I don't know what other people think, but lately these forums seem to be going down hill, and down hill very quickly.

I first signed up because a lot of the discussion is fantastic, but I am finding myself less and less inclined to post dignified responses with proper fact making and arguments, and it's driving me crazy.

The number of times i've seen threads from either side of each of the parties they degrade into 'you're a fanboy' namecalling, because certain members can't seem to argue correct points, or point out the 'personal attacks' in threads rather than basing things on fact.

People like TheSource are what we need more of around here, he is one of the best members of this forum by far.

Now, Im not sure what we can do about this and please I would like everyone not to think this is directed particularly towards them, this i just a general issue with the forums at the moment.  I love posting here, and some of the discussions on here are the best and most well formed discussions / disagreements / arguments that I have ever had on the e-nets and I enjoy that, refuting points back and forth with someone intellectually can be highly enjoyable.

At the moment I'm just personally getting frustrated and sick of the manner in which a lot of arguments are carried... and honestly, there is a lot of hostility going back and forth between the PS3, X360 and  Wii gang at the moment...

Please, I urge you all to try and take your personal feelings out of things and try and argue and post about things basing it on facts, past and future analysis.  If we can all take a leaf from Source's book then we will be on the right path.

I hope I don't upset people by bringing this up but I don't want to have to leave these forums, honestly I enjoy them too much.

Cheers. 

Around the Network

i'd have to agree.  i feel less and less interested in even replying to some post where all i see is "kiddy fanboys" or personal attacks at kwaad.  we are all gamers and enjoy playing games, no need to attack one another arguing which console is better.  in the end, let's just all enjoy our love for the games, not for the hatred of other consoles.

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

Man, I know what you mean, this forum is getting really annoying, and the situation seems to remain until the mods take some action and start bannig people(sad, but true).

I don't know why is there so much hate, we all are gamers, we all like videogames, I hope I could have all the consoles, but people takes the "fanboy" role too seriously, and believes that every one who have a certain console is a fanboy, which is not true. i hope to see a proffesional behaviour from now on, i am only 16 and i think that some people in this forum needs to grow up.

I hope more people reply to your post :D

Off-topic: Neiji is the best!:P

PS Vita and PC gamer

CPU Intel i5 2500K at 4.5 Ghz / Gigabyte Z68 Mobo / 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz / Sapphire HD 7970 Dual X Boost / Corsair Obsidian 550d 

Other than my WTF nintendo thread, and another one... I really just have been babbling. There just hasnt been anything new. Unless the BS that goes on like it does now the forums would be dead, and no-one would post. That is overall bad for the site. Usually I am relativly mild as long as I have stuff to intrest myself. But when there is little/no news... it gets ugly. I've noticed that since I've been here... A lull in game info... usually a bad time for the forums. Welcome to the game industry, and a game forum.

Hus is a fanboy, and says anything and everything sucks but the PS3.

I perfer sony consoles over the others, that is a personal prefrence. I want a 360, and I already have a Wii.

I bash nintendo alot, but it's for two reaons.
1. Controllers.
2. Games.
The Wii has a total of about 4 games that intrest me this year. This is 1st 2nd and 3rd party games. The PS3 has at least 5 first party, the 360 dont have as many as the Wii, but I already have that.

I am dissapointed in what the wii will provide, and the way things are looking these days, the wii will win the market war, and put a serious dent in the ability for 50+ million dollar budget games to show up this generation. I was hoping for 100+million HOLY CRAP JAW DROPPING AMAZEMENT. Graphics, gameplay, style, art, story, plot, characters, devolopment, interactivity... However seeing what is happening, unless the PS3 or 360 dominates the market I doubt we will see any games like that this gen, and most likely not next gen as well. I actually think the average game budget will drop from roughly 10million to about 3million. From last gen to this gen. This is my opinion, however I speak it when there is little else to say.

Overall nintendo can make AMAZING games. Zelda: Link to the past, Mario64, Super Mario World, StarFox, Pikmin (not the 2nd, it dissapointed me), ChibiRobo, and Eternal Darkness.

Those are all some amazing games, and I expect nintendo to continue to make amazing games. However I would like to see nintendo drop amazing games 2-3 times a year, verses 4 on launch year, and then wait 3 years for another.

And me trolling on that one thread. Hey, I'm not even saying much, I am basically commenting where I feel people go way out from accuracy. However I'm not reading it all so meh. :P 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

There does seem to be a lot less civil discussion and a lot more namecalling and personal attacks.

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
There does seem to be a lot less civil discussion and a lot more namecalling and personal attacks.

I will agree on this, and I think that does need addressed.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

price you pay for going mainstream.  

ioi dude wants to expand the forums, more users.. what not (made a thread about it) this is what you will get.

you had your little community, but now its expanding and changing fast.

its like your beloved band going mainstream and changing to sale more records, its every idiot jumping onto the modifying their car life style, its mma going mainstream and now the hardcore fans having to put up with casual fans and people that dont understand the sport.

2 people will argue

10 will cacuse a scene 

1000 will riot 

Kwaad said:
FishyJoe said:

I will agree on this, and I think that does need addressed.

define name calling... is kiddy or fanboy, i think not.  Calling a dude a f@g or a c unt sure is.

well if you just ignore Hus (which is easy to do since he never remains on topic, always says the same ignorant crap, and never adds anything to the conversation) then it's not too bad. It's worked so far for me =)

As for Kwaad, I noticed he has a tendency to derail the conversation (as he has done here, explaining why he doesn't like Nintendo when no one brought it up, rather than keeping it to the thread he made for the topic). I also noticed he tends to ignore posts he doesn't want to respond to (such as my post in the aformentioned thread).

I also noticed that the Sony fanboys seem to be more trollish than the rest. All three groups bring out stupid arguments but the Sony fans seem to be the ones bringing out the personal insults and taking the thread off topic.

But I'm pretty new here, so I wouldn't know what it was like before.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

omgwtfbbq said:

well if you just ignore Hus (which is easy to do since he never remains on topic, always says the same ignorant crap, and never adds anything to the conversation) then it's not too bad. It's worked so far for me =)

As for Kwaad, I noticed he has a tendency to derail the conversation (as he has done here, explaining why he doesn't like Nintendo when no one brought it up, rather than keeping it to the thread he made for the topic). I also noticed he tends to ignore posts he doesn't want to respond to (such as my post in the aformentioned thread).

I also noticed that the Sony fanboys seem to be more trollish than the rest. All three groups bring out stupid arguments but the Sony fans seem to be the ones bringing out the personal insults and taking the thread off topic.

But I'm pretty new here, so I wouldn't know what it was like before.

Yahh your not the problem, you have already deralied this thread with your BS.

Sure Nin fanboys are not the problem, with their ignorant refusal to acknowledge that Nins games are oriented for a younger crowd.  Or how somehow magicly Wii has a more diversy game portfolio then PS3 lol.

Nin fanboys get all bent out of shape if any one says that their games are child oriendted or that Nin does not make games for a more mature audience.  Simplly they wont or cant accept reality.

Just mention a game looks like its for kids or that its mediocre compared to the competition they go nuts.