By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Silliest things you've heard from game store employees

I reserved a copy of FFXIII for PS3 in gamestop.

On the night of the midnight launch when I went to pick it up they gave me the 360 version...
I was like. "I reserved the PS3 version." And they replied. "No you didn't."
The guy must of purposely put in the 360 version in the computer.. Anyways I get to exchange it for the PS3 version.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
cloud1161 said:
A Gamestop employee once tried to tell me blu-ray discs didn't scratch.

While not literally true, it is very difficult to make Blurays unplayable because of wear, tear, and scratches.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Player1x3 said:
kitler53 said:
i once over-heard a gamestop employee dismiss an customer question by saying xbox doesn't have a required fee to play games online. i corrected him and the women, confused, left not buying any system. the gamestop employee yelled at me for wrecking the sale and kicked me out of the store.

he really kicked you out?? Can he even do that?

"kicked" is asked to leave and i complied.  legally, dunno.  but it didn't matter, i was ready to go at that point.

Gehirnkrampf said:
holy crap, it really seems like microsoft has some secret deal with big retailers in america to force their employees to buy XBoxes instead of PS3s. Or are they really that uninformed? I can't believe some stuff in here. if ANY employee would tell me bullshit like mentioned here in the thread i'd definitely call the store manager to tell him his people are fools.

not sure if i'd agree to that.  gamestop, imo, tends to attract gaming enthusitast to be their employees.  i find that most of them have strong feeling about consoles in general, really no different than everyone that posts here whom have favorite consoles.  i think there is a lot of slant towards MS now which really only reflects that MS is really popular in america right now but i've seen sony and nintendo uber-fans working gamestops as well.  most aren't dishonest though, just highly opinionated.

Year: 2006

Place: Worten

Me with Xbox 360 Cod2 Bundle in my hands about to pay when:

Employee: Dont buy that, Ps3 is coming in about a year from now and will offer much much better games and will launch with the best catalog ever seen.

I didnt care.

Worst thing i´ve ever heard from na employee, what a fanboy haha

Other stupid things:

"What is Gears of War?"

LOL

Around the Network

He said to me: "So, you like RPGs, huh? Play this, best RPG ever". - And hands me Shadow of colossus HD.
I got s angry that I almost fought the dude.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

outlawauron said:
cloud1161 said:

While not literally true, it is very difficult to make Blurays unplayable because of wear, tear, and scratches.

Yea I understand that, but he was trying to tell me if I took a screw driver and scraped it across the disc it wouldn't scratch.

Check out my video game music blog:

http://games-and-guitars.synergize.co/

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

He who hesitates is lost

WagnerPaiva said:
He said to me: "So, you like RPGs, huh? Play this, best RPG ever". - And hands me Shadow of colossus HD.
I got s angry that I almost fought the dude.

He's a little confused, but has got great taste at least.

cloud1161 said:
outlawauron said:
cloud1161 said:

Yea I understand that, but he was trying to tell me if I took a screw driver and scraped it across the disc it wouldn't scratch.

That's only true about the iPhone. ;)

Well their is a douche-bag at my local gamestop who thinks he like some sort of gaming wiz who knows everything about games kind of annoying sometimes when he tries to start explaining stuff to you about the game your buying.