By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - #1 Retail Game On EShop! Speculation to Why Fire Emblem Sold Over 350k

Does My Speculation Work Out That FE Awakening has over 100k Downloads?

Yes It makes Perfect Sense 35 36.84%

Its seems like a good arguement 20 21.05%

Somewhat effective 10 10.53%

Not Really getting your Speculation 11 11.58%

Srry Nope 19 20.00%

Total:95

It outsold NSMB2 on E-shop....what the hell is going on.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network
Otakumegane said:
It outsold NSMB2 on E-shop....what the hell is going on.

it outsold Pokedex pro as well, and is technically the #1 game (thats a retail game) sold on eShop

Interesting fact, tbone. I've just now compared the sales of some european retail games to the number of ratings on the eshop and have come to numbers between 1-3%. Not a single case with a higher percentage. Digital sales of Fire Emblem must be HUGE!

Damn, that worked fast. So I should do it again, right? Of course I should.

Colors 3D, you have over 9000 ratings in the eShop, more than twice as many as Pokédex 3D Pro or Fire Emblem: Awakening. And yet...

YOU'RE ALREADY DEAD.

KHlover said:
Interesting fact, tbone. I've just now compared the sales of some european retail games to the number of ratings on the eshop and have come to numbers between 1-3%. Not a single case with a higher percentage. Digital sales of Fire Emblem must be HUGE!

thank you for understanding! Only a very few people gets my theory. Lets just say 5% rated games (2 more percent of the highest in Europe). That means Excite Bike here with 23k reviews is around 460k!!! OMFG O.o See why i said this and FE awakening surpassed it over a week ago. Im telling you this game will hit not just a mil, but over 2mil imo

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
KHlover said:

thank you for understanding! Only a very few people gets my theory. Lets just say 5% rated games (2 more percent of the highest in Europe). That means Excite Bike here with 23k reviews is around 460k!!! OMFG O.o See why i said this and FE awakening surpassed it over a week ago. Im telling you this game will hit not just a mil, but over 2mil imo

Yeah, but we won't see it on VGC :(

NA sales possibly undertracked by 30-40% due to missing digital sales by now, I guess.

KHlover said:
tbone51 said:
KHlover said:

Yeah, but we won't see it on VGC :(

NA sales possibly undertracked by 30-40% due to missing digital sales by now, I guess.

I think week ending Feb 16th FE Awakening has over 1mil Copies Sold

What remains ahead of it on Eshop

tbone51 said:

It is a bit more complicated than that, which is why we can't take anything for granted. For instance, the average rating/purchase ratio might be dramatically different for physical and digital purchases. Suppose about 1% of people who purchased NSMB2 physically rated the game in the eShop, while perhaps those who purchased digitally rated about 10% of the time. With no way to track digital sales, it's impossible to predict the relationship.

Additionally, the length of time since a game's release could have a strong impact on ratings. Consider that Excite Bike 3D (#14 in 3DS software), one of the first titles available through the eShop, has some three times as many ratings as Pokémon Dream Radar, the #1 game in the 3DS software chart, released just a few months ago. So, the rating/purchase ratio seems to be much higher as games have been available longer. For all we know, Excite Bike could have a ratio above 50%.

It's not as straightforward as I'd like it to be. I do agree that Fire Emblem is performing phenomenally on the eShop, but I don't want to try to attach a solid number to its digital sales. There are too many variables.

newwil7l said:
What remains ahead of it on Eshop

its #6 and ahead in order from 1-5 is Pokemon Dream Radar, Pushmo, 3D Classics Kirby, 3D Classics Kid Icarus, and Colors 3D. Its currently number 19 in all of sales (this is including Virtual Console games.