By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony to broadcast new PSVita information today! >>COMPLETE AND UPDATED<<

If you could choose ONE big announcement for Vita:

Price Cut 87 51.79%

New Games 59 35.12%

New Model 14 8.33%

Other 7 4.17%

Total:167

Give me Type-0.

Around the Network
Boutros said:

*Uses Take Heart on Boutros*

*Hype gathered*

*Uses Give Heart on badgenome*

*uses Take Heart on badgenome*

*Restraint gathered*

*Uses Give Heart on Boutros*

Announcement "Vita Can Be Yours Now For Free"

By Paying Us $249.99!!!!!!!

pokoko said:
Without any build-up behind it, I don't see any reason to get excited. It's probably some kind of Japan-only social game and maybe a low-quality, high-cheesecake dungeon crawler. It would surprise me if it's anything for us westerners to celebrate.

It is a little unlike Sony to make surprise popup announcements like this. It's almost like a mini Nintendo Direct announcement.

Unlike Nintendo's mini Directs though, Sony usually broadcasts only big announcements, rather than one or two small apps or games...

So really at this point anything is on the table, but it's very possible something big is coming to light up the airwaves prior to the PS meeting.

pokoko said:
Without any build-up behind it, I don't see any reason to get excited. It's probably some kind of Japan-only social game and maybe a low-quality, high-cheesecake dungeon crawler. It would surprise me if it's anything for us westerners to celebrate.

Holy Sorcery Story is a game about making a curry, not a cheesecake, idiot!

I do agree with the sentiment of your post though, I don't expect them to announce anything massive, and certainly nothing for the west.  Which will make it all the better if we're wrong!

Around the Network

The fact that they're announcing this on short notice implies they won't have any huge bombs. If they were announcing somthing major, they would have given us time to hype it up, no?

I would expect games, and maybe a minor price cut (not more than $40), but nothing more than that.

Just to hype some of you:
"As part of a Q&A, Famitsu asked Kawano if the next Game Heaven event would be held soon. Kawano responded that while he could not get too specific, he does not want to leave too long a gap before the next one. He also promised major titles which he could not detail."
http://andriasang.com/con1yq/game_heaven_part_2/

Yeah, dunno why I'm doing this to myself lol

Wow Sony is really on the ball with the playstation branding, Kaz wasn't playing about what he said at CES, focus on 3 main parts of the business. TVs, cell phones and playstation

RafaelOrix said:
Just to hype some of you:
"As part of a Q&A, Famitsu asked Kawano if the next Game Heaven event would be held soon. Kawano responded that while he could not get too specific, he does not want to leave too long a gap before the next one. He also promised major titles which he could not detail."
http://andriasang.com/con1yq/game_heaven_part_2/

Yeah, dunno why I'm doing this to myself lol

July 2012 that was a ways back

pokoko said:

I second this.