By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony to broadcast new PSVita information today! >>COMPLETE AND UPDATED<<

If you could choose ONE big announcement for Vita:

Price Cut 87 51.79%

New Games 59 35.12%

New Model 14 8.33%

Other 7 4.17%

Total:167

Whatever it is that they'll announce, it'll be called the saviour of Vita.

Around the Network
Sensei said:
Price cut
Final Fantasy VII remake Vita only
Monster Hunter cancelled on all Nintendo consoles. Coming to Vita instead.

boom

The chance of those things happening here decrease in likelihood as they go down; with 10%, 0% and -10% respectively.

I think since it's Japan only and with absolutely nothing behind it, it'll be nothing huge really. Previous one had PSO and that was the best thing to come out of it. I dunno, maybe one or two new, small games and footage of currently exsisting titles; but it's not going to be a Vita Direct, as it were.

Why take the hype away from the Wednesday event?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

badgenome said:
I won't get hyped. I won't!

even if its flower 2?

Train wreck said:
RafaelOrix said:
Train wreck said:
RafaelOrix said:
Just to hype some of you:
"As part of a Q&A, Famitsu asked Kawano if the next Game Heaven event would be held soon. Kawano responded that while he could not get too specific, he does not want to leave too long a gap before the next one. He also promised major titles which he could not detail."
http://andriasang.com/con1yq/game_heaven_part_2/

Yeah, dunno why I'm doing this to myself lol

July 2012 that was a ways back

Oh I know, it's just they never did the second event until now, so it should be still valid. But I'll (try to) contain myself. I actually thought the first one was good (Dokuro, PSO2 and other things), imo it was the type of event that was a big letdown since it was just a bunch of youtube videos.

Yea same im being composed for both tomorrow and wednesday (as I wish everyone will be) it just good to see sony advance a little on their consoles

I'm very happy with Sony lately, they are pushing the Playstation brand a lot lately!

Oh, Yoshida said this on Twitter:

I bet US game media will report what's in the news.

Definitively not getting my hopes up, right now. I'm cool now :P

OMG! price drop please :)

Around the Network

I'm expecting a new bundle with a permanent price point of 200$. New Vita games coming - FFX HD footage and Persona 5 (maybe that's too much). I'm excited. Sony had to do something with the 3DS Direct Nintendo had last week and the 3rd party Direct coming this week. The perception of the Vita is bad at the moment, they need to change that and hopefully this will do.

Conegamer said:
Sensei said:
Price cut

boom

The chance of those things happening here decrease in likelihood as they go down; with 10%, 0% and -10% respectively.

I think since it's Japan only and with absolutely nothing behind it, it'll be nothing huge really. Previous one had PSO and that was the best thing to come out of it. I dunno, maybe one or two new, small games and footage of currently exsisting titles; but it's not going to be a Vita Direct, as it were.

The same way nintendo has 3DS and Wii U directs? different markets, especially with their Wednesday event happening in New York.  A japan centric one is most needed for the Vita right now.

IamAwsome said:
The fact that they're announcing this on short notice implies they won't have any huge bombs. If they were announcing somthing major, they would have given us time to hype it up, no?

I would expect games, and maybe a minor price cut (not more than $40), but nothing more than that.

To be fair, all eyes are on Sony now. Maybe they decided to move any vita announcement before hand to make way for more PS4 stuff they want to show. If they have vita stuff the should talk about it before because it will get lost in all the PS4 hype. I think it's a good move.

Train wreck said:
Conegamer said:
Sensei said:
Price cut

boom

The same way nintendo has 3DS and Wii U directs? different markets, especially with their Wednesday event happening in New York.  A japan centric one is most needed for the Vita right now.

Whilst I agree, I'd imagine any big information (Price Cut, redesign) to be announced on Wednesday, not here. And as it's just been sort of announced out of the blue (which is most certainly not Sony's style), I imagine there won't be a huge amount of new announcements. It'll be good and help the situation of course, but there won't be anything mind-blowingly awesome or surprising (though ofcourse, any announcement will be spun to make it seem like one). 

I'd like to be pleasantly surprised, but I doubt it. Ah well, I'll be waking up at around 7:50 tomorrow anyway so I should just be able to catch it (hopefully!)

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
Train wreck said:
Conegamer said:
Sensei said:
Price cut

boom

Whilst I agree, I'd imagine any big information (Price Cut, redesign) to be announced on Wednesday, not here. And as it's just been sort of announced out of the blue (which is most certainly not Sony's style), I imagine there won't be a huge amount of new announcements. It'll be good and help the situation of course, but there won't be anything mind-blowingly awesome or surprising (though ofcourse, any announcement will be spun to make it seem like one). 

I'd like to be pleasantly surprised, but I doubt it. Ah well, I'll be waking up at around 7:50 tomorrow anyway so I should just be able to catch it (hopefully!)

I just think that the US (western) based event Wednesday will incorporate any information from tomorrow + western titles which would make the most sense. It look like Sony is taking a page from Nintendo, trying to convey to the public what games they can look forward to, it helped sell Project Diva f and other games, dont see how the spontaneityof this event would be any different.  I dont see it as a negative.