By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Michael Pachter "Nintendo Cant Recover"... WTF? Really, Seriously, OMG!

Michael Pachter....

Troll 70 16.55%

MegaButtHurt Troll 129 30.50%

Trollololol 39 9.22%

Michael paTroll 39 9.22%

Noooooo. 28 6.62%

*Face Palm* 118 27.90%

Total:423

The OP is so weird

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
Something like trouble? I guess they called it a bit too soon... When at first you don't succeed, try the exact same thing again, but do it better.

You're the new Tomb Raider

NNID : ShenlongDK
PSN : DarkLong213
JRPGfan said:
deskpro2k3 said:

(4 years later)

did it recover yet?

"I think they misfired on the Wii U. It’s just not that different from the other two [existing] consoles, and the gameplay isn’t as unique as the Wii. They made a mistake, it’s something they probably can’t recover from."

Wii U is sitting at 13m something sales so.... he probably called that one right.

Kudos to Pachter, he got something right.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

4 years!

Good old Missfiredict TrollPatch. Always proving that the opposite of what he says happens 90% of the time

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Around the Network

love necro threads like this. it was so obvious the wiiu would capitulate, its the last nintendo console il ever buy on launch

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

He was right about the Wii U but unless Switch sales suddenly take a nosedive in 2018, he was wrong about the long term recovery. Knowing Pachter though, he will probably use the following flawed logic.

"3DS sold 60 million units, and Wii U sold 14 million units. Since Switch hasn't sold 74 million units that means Nintendo hardware sales are still shrinking."

The problem with this logic is that many people who owned a Wii U also owned a 3DS. Also you can't count 3DS sales from 2011 to winter 2012 as part of the 74 million units, since the Wii U wasn't out yet. Finally the 3DS was a system that a lot of people bought twice, and only bought a handful of games for. Switch has a much higher software attach rate. 

Finally, his commentary is the only thing keeping me on this earth.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

He was actually correct about the Wii U. Almost everyone in this thread thought it was fine and was going to do great, if you predicted it would be discontinued before hitting 15 million you would've been laughed off of this forum.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Wait one of Pachters predictions came true, well half true at least. (Checks the sky outside to make sure the worlds not ending) Well I don’t see any double moons or anything so I guess were ok.