By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Michael Pachter "Nintendo Cant Recover"... WTF? Really, Seriously, OMG!

Michael Pachter....

Troll 70 16.55%

MegaButtHurt Troll 129 30.50%

Trollololol 39 9.22%

Michael paTroll 39 9.22%

Noooooo. 28 6.62%

*Face Palm* 118 27.90%

Total:423

I think he's trying to some clicks...... which is probably working.

Around the Network

It's Pachter.. Negative propaganda against Nintendo is essentially his job. I don't fault him for it. It's what he's paid to do. 

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Ljink96 said:

Stock higher that its main competitor, selling out everywhere and breaking records for Nintendo, 3D Mario and Zelda in same year probably going to be duking it out for GOTY 2017, Pokemon Go, NES Classic, SNES Classic sold out in UK... Pokemon Switch and Metroid Prime 4 on the way... hmm... yep, they still haven't recovered.

Nintendo's net sales in FY2009 (Nintendo's market peak) - 18.7 bln dollars

Nintendo's net sales in FY2012 (Michael Pachter's prediction) - 7.9 bln dollars

Nintendo's net sales in FY2016 (with Pokemon Go hysteria, Nes Classic sales and first launch month of Switch and Zelda) - 4.4 bln dollars.

Yep. They still haven't recovered.

Sorry the switch is doing great but we can't predict the near future yet. sales are good (profits aswell?) but 2018/2019 what will it bring? We know that 3DS will die when will it be? Will this creates a significant boost for Switch sales? Will it sell 15 million in 2019 or will it do 5 million? Their was a point when the WiiU was outselling the Xbox one on a weekly basis and people saw the WiiU outselling the Xbox one LTD wise...

Well to be fair. He was right about the Wii U.
And the 3DS to a degree, the smartphones zapped the handheld market.
But as for the "Can't Recover" part.
The Switch would like to have a word with Mr. Pachter.

Around the Network

Dat necro

Well he was right about WiiU anyway.

TBone 2013's posting style is interesting. xD

I think he just put it out wrong.

What I believe he mean is that since switch is now both its handheld and home system it needs to sell the same as wii u + 3ds combined. But even that at best made nintendo some years only break even or even lose money. 

But so he think it won't sell as much as wii u and 3ds because of smartphones and such. But we simply don't know. Years back people were saying that smartphones and tablets would kill off all traditional consoles, and while the handheld market has certainly declined l. We still have a Sony  right now that sells great A Nintendo who is doing good. And a Microsoft who is doing alright. 

I personally though that there wouldn't be enough room for 3 manufactures but if these sales data continue it just might for at least a long time. 

Will we ever reach those infamous ps2 level numbers again.. No don't think so, but I don't think we have to

deskpro2k3 said:

(4 years later)

did it recover yet?

"I think they misfired on the Wii U. It’s just not that different from the other two [existing] consoles, and the gameplay isn’t as unique as the Wii. They made a mistake, it’s something they probably can’t recover from."

Wii U is sitting at 13m something sales so.... he probably called that one right.

Ljink96 said:

Stock higher that its main competitor, selling out everywhere and breaking records for Nintendo, 3D Mario and Zelda in same year probably going to be duking it out for GOTY 2017, Pokemon Go, NES Classic, SNES Classic sold out in UK... Pokemon Switch and Metroid Prime 4 on the way... hmm... yep, they still haven't recovered.

The title is a mis qoute, the OP puts words into his mouth that he never said.

Michael Pachter was talking about the "unit sales" of the Wii U, compairing it to the Wii.

He didnt think the Wii U could recover.... has it?