By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Leaked Pic Of PS4 Controller (Dev Kit) ??

Conegamer said:
I really don't like it, and I stand by the fact that the PS3 is the greatest controller out there.

Why? It looks cheap and clunky, the shoulder, start and select buttons are missing, the grips look fatter than before and the analogue sticks just look...weird. Not to mention the screen being in there just seems out of place...

I don't know, maybe I'll warm to it like the Wiimote or Gamepad, but first impressions are not good.

My fact is better than your fact.

Around the Network
Light said:

A screen on the controller sounds awesome. Every piece of electronics nowadays has one it seems lol. But it's clearly not a tablet controller like the Wii U has.

pezus said:
Why are people complaining about the sticks? They look comfortable

The main point is that they feel comfortable not look. But whether it is? we don't know but im sure that they are.

Hmm, I could probably get used to it. I agree with badgenome, it looks like a 3rd party controller.

riderz13371 said:
J_Allard said:
I wish they'd off set the sticks like every other modern controller but at least they are farther apart now.

And I hope nothing important ever comes from the touch screen. I can't imagine those things surviving very many drops.

asymmetrical analog sticks are retarded in my opinion.

People who like asymetrical sticks seem to like inverted controls as well. Both are retarded IMO, up is up unless it's a flight simulator.

Around the Network

My only problem is that it will drive up the cost of the console like the Controller Tablet does for the Wii U it alone costs about 170$.

riderz13371 said:
kain_kusanagi said:
If that is true I'm happy. The stupid four button d-pad is now a real d-pad and the shape of the controller is rounder like the Xbox 360 controller. The sticks look to be concave instead of the terrible PS3 convex ones. I can't tell if it has real triggers or the stupid square buttons like the PS3, but hopefully they fixed that too.

I'm not convinced it's the real deal just yet. It has a very beta look to it so maybe it's what the devs got and the retail version will be more refined.

The D-pad on the PS3 is the best D-pad ever. The 360 d-pad feels "cheap" and clunky and the d-pad on this PS4 controller are way too close together.

I never said the 360 D-Pad was good. Neither are good, although the new switchable 360 D-Pad is decent. I said the four button Playstation D-Pad is stupid. I've never liked it. The best D-Pads are on the SNES, Sega Saturn, Genesis, PC Engine, NES, etc.

What do you mean the D-Pad on the PS4 controller are too close together. I honestly don't understand what you mean.

This is what a D-Pad is supposed to look like:

Not like this:

Look at the difference. There's a reason it has always been called the D-PAD and not D-Buttons.

Taking another look at the controller, face buttons seem a bit large, the square/X buttons are a bit too close to the right joystick, and it doesn't have proper triggers. I still think it's a step in the right direction, though, and I can't wait to see the final version.

Obviously not final but I could live with it if they slimmed it down and put the finishing touches on it

EspadaGrim said:
My only problem is that it will drive up the cost of the console like the Controller Tablet does for the Wii U it alone costs about 170$.

No it won't, at least not by much.
Wii U pad costs nowhere near $170 btw