By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA continues to defecate on Nintendo

KeptoKnight said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KeptoKnight said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KeptoKnight said:

I want Mass Effect 4 on Wii-U to use with gamepad =(

There is no way Mass Effect would ever exist on the Wii U without severe dumbing down after the new consoles launch. The Wii U wouldnt be able to handle the scale that is expected from the new consoles.

I already have a beast of PC machine....i still wouldnt mind a dumb down version of it for Wii-U.......

**next time watch out for your bold statements again as if the consoles already been released and know what will happen.

Then your third party needs are more than met. You don't count. I am talking about Nintendo only owners.

I do count. I said I want to use it with gamepad......obviously I prefer it on a Nintendo platform.

Thats psychological....not my problem.

Around the Network
KungKras said:
Train wreck said:

Yea, where they sell for like 5 cents.

Come on, that's a terrible excuse.

5 cents...OK.  

Madden (which on the iphone and ios are full featured), when the game is not on sale, cost $6.99 (with sales of .99 cents). so if you have 207.7 million smartphones that were sold in the past Q4 and EA was able to get lets say 4 million downloads at a price average of $4. you get 16 million in revenue, apple gets 35% so you are left with 10.4 million dollars.

The best selling madden for the 3DS and DS with their multimillion userbases is about 300k and it retailed at $30 dollars (most likely a short lived price), so lets say the publishers cut was 50% so 15$ @ 300k is  4.5m and that does not factor any of the brick and mortar trouble.

Yea, terrible excuse.

That was a gimped game on an early 3DS. Realistically, and with adequate features, it would do better. EA usually makes the sports games anywhere where they can profit, they obviously can on 3DS.

Do you know how many downloads EA actually gets?

Im sure EA doesnt break down those numbers I do know that since the beginning of its current fiscal year they have made $144 million in revenue from their mobile division which im sure equates to alot of 5 cent games.

Mnementh said:
hunter_alien said:
Not this again. Its simple: you like Nintendo games, you buy a Nintendo console. You want strong 3rd party support you also buy a Sony or MS console. You dont have the money for 2 or 3 consoles? get an extra job, or dont buy an extra console, at the end of the day its not food

You are proud of your boycott? Why? For potentially missing out on dozens of quality games, and mutilating your gaming culture by your own will? Good for you

You are completely right, but bringing EA-sports games and quality into connection is ... somehow wrong.

I dont play sports games, but gamer and review feedback was pretty strong towards both the FIFA and Madden series But I never experienced their "magic" first hand

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Scisca said:
megaman79 said:
maverick40 said:
Own another console if you want 3rd party support. You should know this by now.

Yes, well im sure that theory worked out smashingly for all those Vita owners.

Remember that as of now, Vita is a much more viable platform than the Wii U. Porting a game to Vita makes a lot more sense, than porting it to Wii U. There is little chance that Wii U will get ahead of Vita in terms of sales in 2013, it may even fall further behind if Nintendo fails to release some big hitters this year and people go crazy about PS4/New X-box this Christmas. It's a fair fight between the two brothers in doom, but so far Vita is slightly ahead.

Just a little reality check...

Say that to Resident Evil Revelations HD. Vita has been selling awfully for almost the entire year. Wii U is a new console and is close to the same amount of consoles sold as Vita. It doesn't make any sense to port a game to Vita, that's why only Sony is doing these console ports nowadays.

megaman79 said:
maverick40 said:
megaman79 said:
maverick40 said:
Own another console if you want 3rd party support. You should know this by now.

Yes, well im sure that theory worked out smashingly for all those Vita owners.

There is enough games on the Vita to  warrant a purchase without a doubt. And the 1st party titles that are coming this year look incredible, leave the Vita out of this. This thread is about Nintendo.

Hey man, you brought it up. 3rd party support has deserted the Vita, by Sony's own admission.

So tell me again why (how) Sony next gen. will reap all this 3rd party support (without ofcourse mimicking as closely as possible one of its competitors to piggyback easy ports from - thats given the likely inevitability that MS will not pay out the ass for exclusivity from 3rd parties)?.

What did I just read?

Again, enough about the Vita. The Vita is a handheld not a home console, of course it isn't going to get the majority of 3rd party support. This makes the Wii U situation even worse when people are comparing it to a handheld. 

About the bolded sentence, what the hell are you on about? Sony has had a stellar realtionship with 3rd party developers since it entered the gaming industry and it will be the exact same when the ps4 arrives.

3rd party exclusivity is completely dead and it didn't pay off for Microsoft at all. Any 3rd party game worth buying exclusivity for would be way out of any of the hardware companies budget like GTA or COD. Buying an exclusive COD game would cost a company at least 6 billion dollars. 

I still don't understand what you are trying to get at? The Wii U has been a complete disaster for Nintendo ever since it was revealed at E3 and until they get some 1st party games  out, the trend is going to continue. The 3rd party publishers are going to flock to the next Sony/MS console when they are released so Nintendo need a plan or they will continue to struggle.

Around the Network

Actually Sony has somewhat of a middling relationship with third party developers. It isn't anything like stellar at all. That was more the case a decade or so ago, but not today. Not after they released two overly expensive platforms that as a matter of logic reduced the amount of money consumers had to spend on games. How quickly we seem to forget that in the PS3s first year on the market Square openly criticized, and threatened Sony with the withdrawal of exclusives unless they reduced the price of their console, and they weren't alone in expressing this sentiment in public. Fantastic friends don't make a scene when everyone is watching.

Yes a number of developers literally bitch smacked Sony in public, but that was then, and this is now. Sony has somewhat gained back a little ground with developers, and while they are no longer treated as if they were special. They do seem to get treated a little bit more then fairly. They don't always get what they want, but at least they get heard out, and sometimes they get a little more leeway then Nintendo.

Which by comparison makes Sony look stellar. Nintendo just doesn't have any credibility with third parties, and it is with a very good reason in that they are a serial offender. Whether it is companies or people. Past behavior matters. How many of us know people in our real lives that swear they will not do it again, but we know full well not to trust them. Nintendo just doesn't get the benefit of the doubt.

Dodece said:
Actually Sony has somewhat of a middling relationship with third party developers. It isn't anything like stellar at all. That was more the case a decade or so ago, but not today. Not after they released two overly expensive platforms that as a matter of logic reduced the amount of money consumers had to spend on games. How quickly we seem to forget that in the PS3s first year on the market Square openly criticized, and threatened Sony with the withdrawal of exclusives unless they reduced the price of their console, and they weren't alone in expressing this sentiment in public. Fantastic friends don't make a scene when everyone is watching.

Yes a number of developers literally bitch smacked Sony in public, but that was then, and this is now. Sony has somewhat gained back a little ground with developers, and while they are no longer treated as if they were special. They do seem to get treated a little bit more then fairly. They don't always get what they want, but at least they get heard out, and sometimes they get a little more leeway then Nintendo.

Which by comparison makes Sony look stellar. Nintendo just doesn't have any credibility with third parties, and it is with a very good reason in that they are a serial offender. Whether it is companies or people. Past behavior matters. How many of us know people in our real lives that swear they will not do it again, but we know full well not to trust them. Nintendo just doesn't get the benefit of the doubt.

Nintendo is actually courting the indie developers more than any console maker right now.  There are numerous indie developers that are pleased with Nintendo right now.  Nintendo should just keep courting the indie developers and let the major 3rd party developers do whatever the hell they want.  The most creative games usually come from indie developers while the major developers find an ip that sells and sequels it out till death. 

Dodece said:

Sonys relationship with third party is actually quite good and they haven't lost footing with them nor held them by a thread like Nintendo in the past. One thing that can be said about Microsoft and Sony is that their third party partnerships are great and their second party is a great example of how good the third party relationships are.

Euphoria14 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
BuckStud said:

Is it really his loss?  I have every currently available system and will no longer purchase EA games new for any of them.  They've done plenty in the past few years to tick me off.  I have so many great games from other publishers, that I simply do not need EA games.

As for Nintendo, EA is ticked at them because they wanted Nintendo to use Origin for their online system on the Wii U...Nintendo turned them down....btw...Origin sucks, and is one of the reasons why I no longer purchase EA games.  I say good riddens to them.

Yes it definitely is. Listen, imho publishers and devs do shit to piss us off from time to time...pretty much everyone does this at one point or the other. But this is like cutting off your nose cuz you are angry with the face or something (I swear this sounds much better in my own language than it does in english lol) Not playing any EA game for 10 years+? That's crazy. Come on now even you must admit EA have made good games in the past 10 years. Won't do anyone any good if you boycott them. Buy them used or borrow them if you don't want to give the company money..No reason why you should deprive yourself of some good games 

"You cut off your own nose to spite your face"

oooh yeah :D that does sound better .thanks 

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

sethnintendo said:
Dodece said:

Nintendo is actually courting the indie developers more than any console maker right now.  There are numerous indie developers that are pleased with Nintendo right now.  Nintendo should just keep courting the indie developers and let the major 3rd party developers do whatever the hell they want.  The most creative games usually come from indie developers while the major developers find an ip that sells and sequels it out till death. 

Its easy to court Indy devs, they need the expanded audience and they dont make major spec demands like larger developers and publishers. They dont have to expect much from Nintendo and Nintendo doesn't have to expect perks from indy devs either. In fact, indy titles would feel very nostalgic on a Nintendo platform on a psychological level.