By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is Sony on a downward spiral?

NintendoPie said:
Conegamer said:
NintendoPie said:
I find it hard to agree with an IGN article... but, I agree? Conflicting emotions overflow me!

I also find myself in a similar scenario. Bring back Spyro, Ratchet, Jak and Crash to their glory days dammit! 

I remember when I played Spyro, Crash (I LOVED this game), and Ratchet/Clank all the time with my brother. The games just don't have that charm anymore, especially Spyro...

Ugh, stop making me remember Spyro! What a great series...

I have nothing against a good mix of games like Spyro etc. with Killzone and GoW, but they seem to have focused on the latter and forgotten about the former. I grew up on those kiddy games, and I loved them (and still do). Nothing Sony has now makes me as excited as any of those previous titles.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
NintendoPie said:
I find it hard to agree with an IGN article... but, I agree? Conflicting emotions overflow me!

I also find myself in a similar scenario. Bring back Spyro, Ratchet, Jak and Crash to their glory days dammit! 

Those IP sold less with each new entry in the series. Games like Grand Theft Auto established Playstation consoles as the console for mature games. Without Sony, games would still be seen as a kid thing, as a play toy. Because of Sony gaming has become much more than that and it paved the way for Microsoft and the Xbox and what gaming is today. Mainstream.

Conegamer said:

I have nothing against a good mix of games like Spyro etc. with Killzone and GoW, but they seem to have focused on the latter and forgotten about the former. I grew up on those kiddy games, and I loved them (and still do). Nothing Sony has now makes me as excited as any of those previous titles.

The only thing that'll make me want the new Sony is if they get KHIII (Lol, if that's even coming out...) exclusive. That's what will save them for me! (And the developers (freaking SE) aren't the most reliable now-a-days. )

this guy acts like flower, flow, journey, littlebigplanet, tearaway, ratchet and clank and puppeteer dont exist

I don't even know what I just read. Was that a complaint that Sony doesn't go the Nintendo route and keep the same characters around for dozens of games? And why does he include characters and series that Sony doesn't even own?

I get the feeling his guy is another "shallow characters and platformers only" gamer who scoffs at everything else. Even then, Sony just released a Sly Cooper title and they've had several Ratchet & Clank and LBP releases.

As someone who has been into gaming for a long time, all this nostalgia stuff is pretty meaningless once you pop a game in and start playing.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
this guy acts like flower, flow, journey, littlebigplanet, tearaway, ratchet and clank and puppeteer dont exist

Pretty much...dat monthly click quota must be running low or something

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Conegamer said:
NintendoPie said:
Conegamer said:
NintendoPie said:

I remember when I played Spyro, Crash (I LOVED this game), and Ratchet/Clank all the time with my brother. The games just don't have that charm anymore, especially Spyro...

they still make these type of games though, puppeteer, littlebigplanet and tearaway are an example. they are just shifting their resources on what the market demands, which are games like killzone and uncharted

bananaking21 said:

Those games aren't what the Article was talking about, though. (Except for Ratchet/Clank, which is slightly worse than what it used to be, in my opinion.)

bananaking21 said:

LITTLE BIG PLANET 1 and 2 are the coolest.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

NintendoPie said:
bananaking21 said:

Those games aren't what the Article was talking about, though. (Except for Ratchet/Clank, which is slightly worse than what it used to be, in my opinion.)

puppeteer and tearaway pretty much are. i agree that flower,journy and flow arent like older games from the PS1. but they still do give an amazing experience which somewhat resembles that good old feeling u have when playing a fun platformer