By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is Sony on a downward spiral?

Well they can still make great games, but its true that they are not nearly as good as they used to be.
Overall as a company, Sony is on a downward spiral and is being beaten by its South Korean rivals, Samsung and LG. Luckily for Sony, their diversification has helped them, but I don't think Sony will ever be as large and important as it used to be.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

The market changed & sony adapted ... Simple

sales2099 said:
bananaking21 said:
this guy acts like flower, flow, journey, littlebigplanet, tearaway, ratchet and clank and puppeteer dont exist

Well the sales as far as we know aren't noteworthy and LBP sales drop off after each new version. They exist but are perhaps "unnoticed"

having about 3 million in sales and a game winning multiple game of the year awards in a year when games like mass effect, halo and far cry release is hardly being "unnoticed" 

Drakey said:
The market changed & sony adapted ... Simple

sony didnt adapt, they created this market with the PS1+ PS2. 

bananaking21 said:
sales2099 said:
bananaking21 said:
this guy acts like flower, flow, journey, littlebigplanet, tearaway, ratchet and clank and puppeteer dont exist

Well the sales as far as we know aren't noteworthy and LBP sales drop off after each new version. They exist but are perhaps "unnoticed"

having about 3 million in sales and a game winning multiple game of the year awards in a year when games like mass effect, halo and far cry release is hardly being "unnoticed" 

Awards are one thing, but sales trends are another.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
bananaking21 said:
sales2099 said:
bananaking21 said:

ok. and your point?  both get you noticed. specially to a game journalist. 

bananaking21 said:
sales2099 said:
bananaking21 said:
sales2099 said:
bananaking21 said:

But my point was not being noticed enough.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
bananaking21 said:
sales2099 said:
bananaking21 said:
sales2099 said:
bananaking21 said:

But my point was not being noticed enough.

what was it about then, since your mentioning of sales led were used to point out the "unnoticed" part 

RolStoppable said:
A nice diversion. Usually this kind of opinionated garbage article is written about Nintendo.

But I don't think anyone agrees with this. Sure, gamers might miss Spyro or Crash Bandicoot but we now have God of War, Uncharted...etc.

Downward spiral? More like Sony is growing up.

I was a huge fan of SONY, I had the PS2, PS3, PSP GO and PS VITA. Regardless of whether I liked their gaming devices, the company as a whole has been struggling for a long time. Every aspect of their business struggles to keep pace with the innovations in the industry and their have a terrible corporate culture.

Did you know that SONY had the opportunity to partner with Apple for Itunes? They refused because they wanted their own proprietary devices.