By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dev says companies talked about canned Wii U games rather than new ones at DICE, more

twilight_link said:
zumnupy10 said:
twilight_link said:
Kresnik said:
Somini said:

Sony audience is far more receptive to 3rd party games than their own 1st party games largely because Sony platform adopters are interested in cool factor, they buy whatever is cool, even complete shit like CoD for Vita or bad ports like Skyrim for PS3,

it's is similar to Sega fanbase Dreamcast was console of dreams, it was however not cool enough, Vita is great handheld it's however not cool enough. So nobody care and those who care (Sony core adopters) are far more interested in 3rd party games with cool factor.

This is not true.   UC3 and Skyrim were released in the same month, 15 months later UC3 has more than double of Skyrim sales on PS3.

not true, the sales are comparable in no way double the amount, but this is not the point, the point is even bad 3rd party port sells better than most 1st games, Uncharted is not the only 1st party game on PS3, only four 1st party IP's sells better than Skyrim, GoW, Uncharted, GT and LBP (and this franchise is no longer relevant anymore)

Having four franchises that sell this well isn't great ?       How is LBP not relevant anymore ?

I don't understand this idea people have, that a game has to sell better just because it is made by a first-party studio.

Around the Network
Otakumegane said:
RazorDragon said:
This makes absolutely no sense. Vita situation is way, way worse, and devs are still releasing and announcing new and exclusive games for it. Where's logic?

Sony moneyhats?

AC3 managed to sell 600K on Vita. 

@zumnupy10:they flushed the market with numerous IP's and only 3 remain competitive, two of them heavily bundled (GT and Uncharted), LBP1 was 5M seller, LBP2 sells around 2M, LBPVita sells horrible, LBP Karting same horrible sales (less than 1/10 of original) this is by any definition hardly relevant franchise.

"I don't understand this idea people have, that a game has to sell better just because it is made by a first-party studio." extremely important, success of 1st party IP's are best bet, if 3rd parties terminate support to your platform, you have something to sell to your audience, this is the only reason Nintendo remain alive

zumnupy10 said:
Otakumegane said:
RazorDragon said:
This makes absolutely no sense. Vita situation is way, way worse, and devs are still releasing and announcing new and exclusive games for it. Where's logic?

Sony moneyhats?

You can't really consider it a sale when the game comes free with the system.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I had every Nintendo home console, I haven't bought a Wii U b/c I'm not sure if its worth it. I want to see what Sony will reveal and also I want to see more games for the Wii U. Also, I want to see if the Wii U will get a price cut.

Around the Network
pezus said:
zumnupy10 said:
Otakumegane said:
RazorDragon said:

Sony moneyhats?

And that's a game with a much lower metacritic score than ACIII. ACIII WiiU sold just over 100k on WiiU as a comparison...

So if Vita gets 3rd party games, it's Sony moneyhatting. If WiiU doesn't get 3rd party games it's because devs are stupid. Lovely.

The game comes free with the system, and has moved only 320K, not 600K.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
zumnupy10 said:
Otakumegane said:
RazorDragon said:

Sony moneyhats?

You can't really consider it a sale when the game comes free with the system.

Ubisoft made money, right ?   That's what counts in the end.

Jumpin said:
pezus said:
zumnupy10 said:
Otakumegane said:
RazorDragon said:

Sony moneyhats?

And that's a game with a much lower metacritic score than ACIII. ACIII WiiU sold just over 100k on WiiU as a comparison...

So if Vita gets 3rd party games, it's Sony moneyhatting. If WiiU doesn't get 3rd party games it's because devs are stupid. Lovely.

The game comes free with the system, and has moved only 320K, not 600K.

It was 600k according to Ubisoft CEO words:

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/acii-success-proves-vita-is-viable-ubisoft-argues-assassin-s-creed-4-announced/0110630

Cobretti2 said:
The only thing I want to know is which high profile game was expected to sell millions already haha.

The only games that makes sense is ZombiU and Scribblenauts. And Scribblenauts isn't even out in Europe yet

Somini said:
RazorDragon said:

The Vita situation is not worse at all. Ubisoft just recently announced that assasins creed had sold 600k on the Vita and that they were quite happy with those numbers.

I think RazorDragon is saying that it's better than the vita's situation after 3 months.