By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry Face Off- Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing Transformed: "we'd pin the Wii U version down as the console version to opt for"

Tagged games:

KHlover said:
ninjablade said:
dahuman said:
ninjablade said:
dahuman said:
ninjablade said:
dahuman said:
ninjablade said:
WII U verion is the lowest rez version but the best version cause of features.

PS3: 1280x720
360: 1152x544
Wii U: 1024x576 is the lowest rez

Yes I think that was already established, you are way late to the Wii U bashing party on this one, shame on you!

lol i started to except some people are in denial, no matter what facts you show them, they will still say 2-3x more powerful.

at this point I don't think the raw power aspect is 2-3x anymore, but we know too little, once the devs know how the hardware works, then we'll get an actual idea on a performance level when the coding matches the console, right now nobody can really figure that stupid thing out.

I think the reality falls in 25% strong then current gen. or 15% weaker based ont he facts we have, right now at beyond3d they say its 160 sp or 320 SP, so i'm just waiting to see what happens. its to bad nintendo is too ashamed to release the specs.

160 seems too low, 160x2x550/1000=176GFLOPs which is a noway in hell at it's performance level, but lets not go into that in this thread, I don't even talk about it in my other thread anymore after I looked at the chip for awhile and realized that there were too many black boxes.

thats what i thought as well, but they told me its its possible. http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=60501&page=184 the smartest guy on there is alstrong, so if you wanna sign uo and ask he should help.

Honest suggestion without any hostile intentions: Why don't you just put the invitation to the beyond3d forums in your sig? It's so annoying to read these invitations over and over and over again^^

yea, i'll stop

Around the Network

Played both the PS3 and 360 version. Got 360 one due to performance even though it's obviously sub-hd. PS3 version does look better (not by that much) just a shame it keeps dropping frames and tearing. Gonna sell the 360 one and get the PC version. The game is really really fun. Didn't think I'd like it as much considering it's 30fps (on console) and the previous game was wack with a crappy frame rate.

dahuman said:
osed125 said:
dahuman said:

Yeah you just set the updates on auto check, all you get is a pop up box then you just spam next until finish, like that shit is hard. My PC boots and starts a game in less than 30s too so I don't get that point at all. It's painful to install games over 1GB in the PS3 because it's utterly SLOW, the damn thing runs on SATA I with a fuck face filesystem, numero UNO! You think I don't have consoles or something? :P Like I said earlier, either not enough money or too lazy, my PC is not even top of the line and it has a 5+~TFLOPS rating with RAID-0 SSDs that goes 900-1000MB/s read and 500MB~/s write, 8th gen consoles are jokes comapred to current PCs.

But, but.... everyone told me 1.3 TFLOPS is next-gen.... everyone lied to me :'(

sure as hell not even current-gen on graphics prowness, I can tell you that. GCN is not going to magically make them super machines as a faster VLIW4 hardware will still rape it into the oblivion.

Lol I was just making fun of everyone who talks about TFLOPS when talking about next gen consoles :p I'm a PC game after all so power is not an issue for me.

Nintendo and PC gamer

osed125 said:
dahuman said:
osed125 said:
dahuman said:

Yeah you just set the updates on auto check, all you get is a pop up box then you just spam next until finish, like that shit is hard. My PC boots and starts a game in less than 30s too so I don't get that point at all. It's painful to install games over 1GB in the PS3 because it's utterly SLOW, the damn thing runs on SATA I with a fuck face filesystem, numero UNO! You think I don't have consoles or something? :P Like I said earlier, either not enough money or too lazy, my PC is not even top of the line and it has a 5+~TFLOPS rating with RAID-0 SSDs that goes 900-1000MB/s read and 500MB~/s write, 8th gen consoles are jokes comapred to current PCs.

But, but.... everyone told me 1.3 TFLOPS is next-gen.... everyone lied to me :'(

sure as hell not even current-gen on graphics prowness, I can tell you that. GCN is not going to magically make them super machines as a faster VLIW4 hardware will still rape it into the oblivion.

Lol I was just making fun of everyone who talks about TFLOPS when talking about next gen consoles :p I'm a PC game after all so power is not an issue for me.

about that bet if ps3 releases in 2014 then we have have to bet on the same time frame, fair or not, talking about europe only.

ninjablade said:
dahuman said:
ninjablade said:
dahuman said:
ninjablade said:
dahuman said:
ninjablade said:
dahuman said:
ninjablade said:

Yes I think that was already established, you are way late to the Wii U bashing party on this one, shame on you!

lol i started to except some people are in denial, no matter what facts you show them, they will still say 2-3x more powerful.

at this point I don't think the raw power aspect is 2-3x anymore, but we know too little, once the devs know how the hardware works, then we'll get an actual idea on a performance level when the coding matches the console, right now nobody can really figure that stupid thing out.

I think the reality falls in 25% strong then current gen. or 15% weaker based ont he facts we have, right now at beyond3d they say its 160 sp or 320 SP, so i'm just waiting to see what happens. its to bad nintendo is too ashamed to release the specs.

160 seems too low, 160x2x550/1000=176GFLOPs which is a noway in hell at it's performance level, but lets not go into that in this thread, I don't even talk about it in my other thread anymore after I looked at the chip for awhile and realized that there were too many black boxes.

thats what i thought as well, but they told me its its possible. http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=60501&page=184 the smartest guy on there is alstrong, so if you wanna sign uo and ask he should help.

can you tell me what this means.

+66% area per shader block is rather bizarre. :s The # of register banks seems like a strong indicator though (hadn't thought to count it before, Gipsel - derp, just catching up.).

Is somebody actually trying to count the number of banks? If that's a Wii U thing and somebody is trying to do that then we might get a better idea on the number of SPs, but fuck that'd be a pain in the ass lol.

Around the Network

If you ask me... the best version is the one with the easier difficulty, because the AI is relentless and ruins any fun you might have. Also that version has to have free online play.
I'm expecting that to be the Vita or 3DS versions. The Wii U one is the best for eye candy though.

pezus said:
Player2 said:

If Rayman runs on the PS3 in 1080p@60fps then MediaMolecule sucks too for not being able to do the same with LittleBigPlanet.

LBP is a 3D game in a 2D plane (well, 3 planes). Not the same

Waste of resources that hinder the perfomance of the game. All those detailed 3D backgrounds doesn't add anything meaningful.

dahuman said:
ninjablade said:
dahuman said:
ninjablade said:
dahuman said:
ninjablade said:
dahuman said:
ninjablade said:
dahuman said:
ninjablade said:

+66% area per shader block is rather bizarre. :s The # of register banks seems like a strong indicator though (hadn't thought to count it before, Gipsel - derp, just catching up.).

Is somebody actually trying to count the number of banks? If that's a Wii U thing and somebody is trying to do that then we might get a better idea on the number of SPs, but fuck that'd be a pain in the ass lol.

yea but the guy is pixel counter he's used to doing that but i i really wanna know what +66% area per shader block is rather bizarre means. 

Player2 said:

Waste of resources that hinder the perfomance of the game. All those detailed 3D backgrounds doesn't add anything meaningful.

Waste of resources? You are getting a content create game (there is a heavly weight engine for that) with a fixed contect game.

The LBP engine was created to you create anything you want... and LPB is a pure 3D game with 2D gameplay (well you can create content with 3D gameplay too)... Rayman is pure 2D with some 3D elements.

ninjablade said:
dahuman said:
ninjablade said:
dahuman said:
ninjablade said:
dahuman said:
ninjablade said:
dahuman said:
ninjablade said:
dahuman said:
ninjablade said:

yea but the guy is pixel counter he's used to doing that but i i really wanna know what +66% area per shader block is rather bizarre means. 

He prolly just thinks it's bizzare because it doesn't follow the standard AMD construction since Nintendo customized that shit like WTF, from that, what I'm gathering is that since Nintendo did mention that the Wii U design is centered around memory efficiency, they might have even customized each block as well. That's why I just stopped caring in my other thread lol, I mean I got other shit to do and I'm thankful that there is somebody willing to take the time to pixel count everything while I'm doing my kitchen floors or snowboarding :P.