By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry Face Off- Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing Transformed: "we'd pin the Wii U version down as the console version to opt for"

Tagged games:

ethomaz said:

Player2 said:

When Rayman Legends is released we'll see if the PS3 and X360 can match the perfomance of the game on Wii U.

Every Rayman for PS360 runs in 1080p@60fps (well the PS3 version is rendered in native 1090p)... it's 2D a game.

I'm impressed Nintendo can't put Super Mario Bros. Wii U running in 1080p because Wii U can do what you see in this game in 1080p@60fps.

If Rayman runs on the PS3 in 1080p@60fps then MediaMolecule sucks too for not being able to do the same with LittleBigPlanet.

Around the Network
osed125 said:
dahuman said:
ethomaz said:

pezus said:

Fixed. Basically, PC gives you more options. At least you can run the game to see if its performance is good and then change options so that it does run well. If the same happens on PS3, you're screwed and you bought a game that runs well and looks bad no matter what you do.

If you already have a gaming PC, then it's a safe bet that you have Steam already. That reduces the steps to about 4-5, while console steps are 4-5 too

To your last sentence: The vast minority of PS3 games are that simple to play. It's very likely that you will have to install and then download patches etc.

I just don't like... in PC you have to update the video driver at each new release for fix issues... I don't like that.

I don't like the install in PS3 too... at least there are little games with mandatory install and the patches are required just for online play... and the best I never download and install the patchs of my own... the Plus did it every day...

I like to power on my machine and play in less than 30 seconds...

I prefer retail games over downloaded one because that too... it's painful to install games over 1GB in PS3.

Yeah you just set the updates on auto check, all you get is a pop up box then you just spam next until finish, like that shit is hard. My PC boots and starts a game in less than 30s too so I don't get that point at all. It's painful to install games over 1GB in the PS3 because it's utterly SLOW, the damn thing runs on SATA I with a fuck face filesystem, numero UNO! You think I don't have consoles or something? :P Like I said earlier, either not enough money or too lazy, my PC is not even top of the line and it has a 5+~TFLOPS rating with RAID-0 SSDs that goes 900-1000MB/s read and 500MB~/s write, 8th gen consoles are jokes comapred to current PCs.

But, but.... everyone told me 1.3 TFLOPS is next-gen.... everyone lied to me :'(

sure as hell not even current-gen on graphics prowness, I can tell you that. GCN is not going to magically make them super machines as a faster VLIW4 hardware will still rape it into the oblivion.

dahuman said:
ninjablade said:
dahuman said:
ninjablade said:
dahuman said:
ninjablade said:
WII U verion is the lowest rez version but the best version cause of features.

PS3: 1280x720
360: 1152x544
Wii U: 1024x576 is the lowest rez

Yes I think that was already established, you are way late to the Wii U bashing party on this one, shame on you!

lol i started to except some people are in denial, no matter what facts you show them, they will still say 2-3x more powerful.

at this point I don't think the raw power aspect is 2-3x anymore, but we know too little, once the devs know how the hardware works, then we'll get an actual idea on a performance level when the coding matches the console, right now nobody can really figure that stupid thing out.

I think the reality falls in 25% strong then current gen. or 15% weaker based ont he facts we have, right now at beyond3d they say its 160 sp or 320 SP, so i'm just waiting to see what happens. its to bad nintendo is too ashamed to release the specs.

160 seems too low, 160x2x550/1000=176GFLOPs which is a noway in hell at it's performance level, but lets not go into that in this thread, I don't even talk about it in my other thread anymore after I looked at the chip for awhile and realized that there were too many black boxes.

thats what i thought as well, but they told me its its possible. http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=60501&page=184 the smartest guy on there is alstrong, so if you wanna sign uo and ask he should help.

ethomaz said:

dahuman said:

160 seems too low, 160x2x550/1000=176GFLOPs which is a noway in hell at it's performance level, but lets not go into that in this thread, I don't even talk about it in my other thread anymore after I looked at the chip for awhile and realized that there were too many black boxes.

It's 320SPs @ 550Mhz... 352GLOPS.

Once again, it's so customized that nobody really knows WTF is going on yet, and this is totally not the right thread for it!

Player2 said:

If Rayman runs on the PS3 in 1080p@60fps then MediaMolecule sucks too for not being able to do the same with LittleBigPlanet.

lol 2D vs 3D here.

Rayman is a 2D game... it's not a big deal to be 1080p@60fps (anyway Origins is rendered in 120fps but the output is 60fps).

Around the Network
ninjablade said:
dahuman said:
ninjablade said:
dahuman said:
ninjablade said:
dahuman said:
ninjablade said:

Yes I think that was already established, you are way late to the Wii U bashing party on this one, shame on you!

lol i started to except some people are in denial, no matter what facts you show them, they will still say 2-3x more powerful.

at this point I don't think the raw power aspect is 2-3x anymore, but we know too little, once the devs know how the hardware works, then we'll get an actual idea on a performance level when the coding matches the console, right now nobody can really figure that stupid thing out.

I think the reality falls in 25% strong then current gen. or 15% weaker based ont he facts we have, right now at beyond3d they say its 160 sp or 320 SP, so i'm just waiting to see what happens. its to bad nintendo is too ashamed to release the specs.

thats what i thought as well, but they told me its its possible. http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=60501&page=184 the smartest guy on there is alstrong, so if you wanna sign uo and ask he should help.

ethomaz said:

dahuman said:

It's 320SPs @ 550Mhz... 352GLOPS.

if you read beyond3d they confused cause something about the block not being big enough to hold 40sp, it might be 30 or 20. http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=60501&page=182

Getting this for PS3, I need to find the LE. :/

dahuman said:
ninjablade said:
dahuman said:
ninjablade said:
dahuman said:
ninjablade said:
dahuman said:
ninjablade said:

can you tell me what this means.

+66% area per shader block is rather bizarre. :s The # of register banks seems like a strong indicator though (hadn't thought to count it before, Gipsel - derp, just catching up.).

ninjablade said:
dahuman said:
ninjablade said:
dahuman said:
ninjablade said:
dahuman said:
ninjablade said:

Honest suggestion without any hostile intentions: Why don't you just put the invitation to the beyond3d forums in your sig? It's so annoying to read these invitations over and over and over again^^