By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is MicroSoft to blame for Rayman's delay??

Carl2291 said:
D-Joe said:
Carl2291 said:
Probably true.

Has there ever been a game thsts been late to the 360?

Joe Danger,Minecraft if you count PC,should be some more

Actually this "policy" not mandatory,MS can ignore it if there is big game wanna release later on 360

And i don't think UBI afarid them

So... No retail games? Makes you wonder if that really is true.

Was withcer 2 a retail game?

Around the Network
D-Joe said:

Was withcer 2 a retail game?

Hmm, yeah. Did it come with extra content? Maybe a rule they have is that it needs additional content if its a late release?

Ubisoft has been known to battle this clause, like with exclusive content for AC3 on PS3, but to release on another console first? I'm not sure if there has been a company to pull that against MS. This is another reason I don't like MS.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

kowenicki said:
Gribble said:
Yes, I remember reading that. Just another example of why I buy Sony products.

You buy sony products because MS make sure that its console buyers get games joint first?

if this was Sony, you would be saying its amazing that they ensure their family (fans) get the games first!

I'm struggling to see why this is a bad thing for a business to do.

No, all it does is ensure everyone else doesn't get it first or on time. Timed exclusivity is not a benefit to anyone.

Did MS offered a lot of money for Ubisoft in order to have this game on its platform ? I wonder that a lot of money, someway is involved in this weird decision.

Around the Network
Rogerioandrade said:
Did MS offered a lot of money for Ubisoft in order to have this game on its platform ? I wonder that a lot of money, someway is involved in this weird decision.

No, it is just what comes with releasing a game on the 360. It is in the fine print that they can't release a new title on another console first or have exclusive content on another console.

Does this mean that the gamepad won't be used for the Wii U version now?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

D-Joe said:
Carl2291 said:
Probably true.

Has there ever been a game thsts been late to the 360?

Joe Danger,Minecraft if you count PC,should be some more

Actually this "policy" not mandatory,MS can ignore it if there is big game wanna release later on 360

And i don't think UBI afarid them

releasing on xbox is more important for ubisoft then MS. if it doesnt release on MS then who cares from MS? but ubisoft surely needs the xbox sales for rayman

The delay makes me think Rayman would in fact be a Wii U exclusive, but Ubisoft changed their minds for some reason and needs time to make the PS360 ports.

Wouldn't be surprised if this game ended up being released on PS4/X720 too. I don't think Ps3/X360 needs 7 months to be ready.

If MS has a policy like that I imagine it's something like, that games which release on a different platform first have higher licensing fees.
Like for example for a normal multiplat the publisher pays $10 per copy to MS, but if they release the 360 version later it's $12 per copy or sth like that (note: these numbers are just guesses). As the 360 version of a game often is the best selling one or atleast one of the top selling ones a higher fee per copy could be a really good method to pressure publishers into releasing "day and date" with other versions.