By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - 3D Blu-Rays of 2013 Movies, share your thoughts "OFFICIAL 3D Movies in 2K13 THREAD" (List of 3D Movies of 2013 in OP)

Poll closed.

Closed. 23 76.67%

Total:23
Kaizar said:

So will Iron Man 3 in IMAX make people who hate 3D to start loving 3D?

Probably not. Especially if they already saw Hugo and Avatar.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

Around the Network
tolu619 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
I love your enthusiasm for 3D :)

My opinion is that most movies, particularly those with 3D effects added in post-production, are not really worth it -- especially considering movie tickets are more expensive when the screening is in 3D.

If the movie is designed with 3D in mind, and filmed with 3D cameras, it's a different story. Avatar is the most obvious example. That movie, above all others, proves the usefulness of 3D movie technology. But no one has really built upon its success in the past three years.

I have both Avatar amd Hugo in 3D, and Hugo definitely does more with 3D than Avatar did. In any case, I agree that things look better in 3D than in 2D HD. I can barely get myself to play my 3DS games in 2D mode, I play most of my PS3 games in 3D mode and even the Wii game I'm playing currently, Zelda Skyward Sword, looks sharper when I use my TV's "convert 2D to 3D" feature. The text is easier to read and the textures look better.

@OP, I couldn't vote in the polls because I really want to see Man of Steel, Ironman 3 and Thor

Just saw Hugo in January. What a great, magical movie. One of Scorsese's best, which is really saying something.

tolu619 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

My opinion is that most movies, particularly those with 3D effects added in post-production, are not really worth it -- especially considering movie tickets are more expensive when the screening is in 3D.

If the movie is designed with 3D in mind, and filmed with 3D cameras, it's a different story. Avatar is the most obvious example. That movie, above all others, proves the usefulness of 3D movie technology. But no one has really built upon its success in the past three years.

I have both Avatar amd Hugo in 3D, and Hugo definitely does more with 3D than Avatar did. In any case, I agree that things look better in 3D than in 2D HD. I can barely get myself to play my 3DS games in 2D mode, I play most of my PS3 games in 3D mode and even the Wii game I'm playing currently, Zelda Skyward Sword, looks sharper when I use my TV's "convert 2D to 3D" feature. The text is easier to read and the textures look better.

@OP, I couldn't vote in the polls because I really want to see Man of Steel, Ironman 3 and Thor

Can you vote this November after you see Thor 2?

I will close the poll on January 1, 2014.

But I will post the results in the OP, so don't worry LOL.

tolu619 said:
Kaizar said:

So will Iron Man 3 in IMAX make people who hate 3D to start loving 3D?

Probably not. Especially if they already saw Hugo and Avatar.

I don't think any of them have seen Avatar nor Hugo, at least not the 3D version of them.

But now more people are leaning towards IMAX even if they hate 3D (because IMAX is 3D only, when 3D is available).

It seems like a lot more people have shifted from 4K HD to IMAX most recently.

tolu619 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

I'm still looking for a Smart 3D Blu-Ray Player that converts 2D into 3D, and at a reasonable price.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

@Poll - I am looking forward to Man of Steel :O

I just saw the new trailer....HYPED!

Are you talking about Official Trailer #3?

I have only seen it in monochromatic 2D thanks to another user who posted on my Top 18 Movies of Summer 2K13 Thread.

I was hoping to see it again in 3D when I went to see Jurassic Park 1 3D, but they only had the same old 3D trailers, except for the last 3D trailer which was the new 3D Trailer of Despicable Me 2.

Oh welp, I guess I just got to wait for Iron Man 3 3D to see the trailer in 3D, LOL. I hope to see the trailer for R.I.P.D. 3D during all the 3D Movies of May.

One of things the people who work on this movie said was that they try to find a way to put all the different Iron Man in this movie as much as possible and did.

It sounds like they aren't going to have another chance to show off any Iron Man suits after this movie.

So is this the last Iron Man movie?

spurgeonryan said:
What I want to know is where are the Avengers during Iron Man 3? Seems like a big world problem, plus didn't Stark invite Hulk to his labs to check things out in The Avengers? Does it make sense that they all just disappeared?

I guess the answers to all those questions and more, will be answered in The Avengers 2 (filmed in 3D) this 2K14.

I'm really looking forward to Godzilla 3D & Jurassic Park 4 3D, and I guess also Independence Day 2 3D, and so way many more.

pezus said:

First reviews for IM3 are in and they are good!

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/iron_man_3/

Thanks, I guess I will highlight these from the first 14 on that site:

http://whatculture.com/film/iron-man-3-review-an-inconsistent-yet-entertaining-sequel.php

http://www.flicks.co.nz/movie/iron-man-3-3d/

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/arts/firstnightreviews/article3743294.ece

I updated the OP to include:

Storm Surfers 3D "June 14"

Tai Chi Hero 3D "April 26"

So we're now up to 67 3D Movie Premieres of 2013 when we had started out only knowing of 2X Premieres of 2013.

I'm curious about the upcoming Tai Chi Hero this April 26 2013.

So if anyone sees "Tai Chi Hero" this Friday or afterwards, then can you please make any type of review to post in this thread.