By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Where is the Gears of War: Judgement hype?!?!?

ps3-sales! said:
kitler53 said:
because it is viewed as a spin off. i'm not paying attention to the pre-order chartz but GoW:A will probably have a similar fate.

But God of War Ascension is doubling the pre order numbers for Gears. How can you just ignore that? Especially in a 360 dominated US market.

based on the GeoW:J numbers you just displayed that's a non accomplishment.  how is it faring compared to GoW:III?  worse i'd expect.

Around the Network
Chark said:
kitler53 said:
because it is viewed as a spin off. i'm not paying attention to the pre-order chartz but GoW:A will probably have a similar fate.

Actually GoW:A has been doing decent with the pre order numbers. The beta and all the marketing and bundling is helping it take some spot light. It is the first to have multiplayer and it is actually pretty good. IGN posted a 30 minute single player video and I must admit that the game looks pretty damn epic. I was surprised actually, they are pushing the limits. It is probably going to be the best GoW, even if it is a prequel. It's hard to grab much attention not being a sequeled release but it seems to be doing a pretty good job.

well i'm right there with you but i'm among the hardest of the core.  but like i said (aimed at you too CGI) i haven't looked at the numbers.  i personally don't trust them so i don't look at them.  i fully expect accension to do okay but still be the worst seller of the console versions.

CGI-Quality said:
kitler53 said:
ps3-sales! said:
kitler53 said:

But God of War Ascension is doubling the pre order numbers for Gears. How can you just ignore that? Especially in a 360 dominated US market.

based on the GeoW:J numbers you just displayed that's a non accomplishment.  how is it faring compared to GoW:III?  worse i'd expect.

But you're still forgetting the bundle. :) It will probably open to the same as God of War III, but potentially sell more due to the multi-player.

i'd be happy to be wrong in this case but i will remain skeptical until after it releases.

kitler53 said:
ps3-sales! said:
kitler53 said:

It's worse, which is expected, but it's an entirely different level.  GoW:A is about 100k units behind GoW3, while Gears:J is about 900k units behind Gears3.

The first is understandable but the second is somewhat shocking.  All I can imagine is that most Gears fans know very little about the game, if anything.

Maybe because there is no incentive to pre order. I mean every game just about this year has a limited collectors editions that makes you have to pre order the game. Gears of War Judgment doesn't. So anyone can just go pick up a copy and not miss anything.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
kitler53 said:
ps3-sales! said:
kitler53 said:

It's worse, which is expected, but it's an entirely different level.  GoW:A is about 100k units behind GoW3, while Gears:J is about 900k units behind Gears3.

The first is understandable but the second is somewhat shocking.  All I can imagine is that most Gears fans know very little about the game, if anything.

so what your saying is, i was right!  :P

Shame but the SP story is done and people see the MP as more of the same. Not to mention its the first gears game released post holiday season.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Shame but the SP story is done and people see the MP as more of the same. Not to mention its the first gears game released post holiday season.

I don't think the date is that big of a deal, but you do have a point. I forgot that this was the first gears not to go holiday release. Only time will tell (2013 holiday season) how the legs will go but with the 720 on the horizon I don't think it'll pick up.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

pokoko said:
It has me baffled. I didn't expect Gears 3 numbers by any stretch, but this is just strange. Doesn't it feature one of the more popular characters? I feel kind of bad for People Can Fly.

How much marketing has Microsoft and Epic put behind this game?

Marcus and Dom aren't the main gorillas this time and i think CLiffy B isn't involved in that game.
Its a "Spinoff" or so - Don't know how much and if something like this can affect this so bad.
Usually Gears is like Halo - People don't care if they already played the game 3 times.They just buy it.

I'd like to add that Halo has been whoring all the Xbox attention lately for obvious reasons... so that's a factor. Not the only one of course but the other factors have probably been covered already.