By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Where is the Gears of War: Judgement hype?!?!?

Deyon said:
ps3-sales! said:
Deyon said:
sales2099 said:
Deyon said:

Gears1,2,3.

Halo,3,reach,wars,odst.

They all sold 75% of their sales first 2 months.

But that 75% is higher then what most PS3 exclusives can do ;)

Example....Halo 4 sold on par, most likely outshipped ALL 28 PS3 exclusives of 2012.

Ok....... That's what i'm saying.

Xbox exclusives don't last very long on the charts like PS3 exclusives. ;)

But they sell better than some PS3 exclusives in a short amount of time.

Actually Halo is known for it's legs. It usually almost keeps up with COD. Gears titles I agree are very front loaded and don't have much legs. But they do sell a lot at launch so it offsets it. And you can't really count Halo wars lol. Pretty much your comment sounds very Sony baised.

Halo 4 sold 7+ in 2 months and the sales will die off 2 months from now, just like Halo 3. it will sell 4 million more in the next 5 years.

I don't call that legs.

Give me an example of legs then?

Around the Network
MB1025 said:
Deyon said:

Open Google.com, Search Gears of War, Halo bundles and you will see the heavy bundling.

Microsoft don't advertise their heavy bundling like Sony. That's why you don't know about it.

Good bye.

So we are going to compare a limited edition console which is priced more than the regular consoles to Sony sticking Uncharted 1 and 2 in their regualr sku's? Dude Best Buy was selling the Uncharted 3 bundle and giving Uncharted 1 and 2 away for free at one time.

Did you Google search what i told too?

Because if you did, you wouldn't have said that.

Does anybody want to comment about what they think on the Gears of War Judgement Pre-order numbers? Or do we want to continue talking about silly things like who bundles their games -_____-

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Deyon said:
MB1025 said:
Deyon said:

Open Google.com, Search Gears of War, Halo bundles and you will see the heavy bundling.

Microsoft don't advertise their heavy bundling like Sony. That's why you don't know about it.

Good bye.

So we are going to compare a limited edition console which is priced more than the regular consoles to Sony sticking Uncharted 1 and 2 in their regualr sku's? Dude Best Buy was selling the Uncharted 3 bundle and giving Uncharted 1 and 2 away for free at one time.

Your avoiding me because i got you on every level lol

- The bundles were not mass produced and limited in territories and availability. Cant use that as a crutch.

- You can't talk about lack of 360 legs when most ps3 exclusives open low and die off

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

ps3-sales! said:
Does anybody want to comment about what they think on the Gears of War Judgement Pre-order numbers? Or do we want to continue talking about silly things like who bundles their games -_____-

oh pssssh we allready covered that. Shame bout it really. yesterdays news :P

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
ps3-sales! said:

oh pssssh we allready covered that. Shame bout it really. yesterdays news :P

-____-

Just stop argueing with Deyon. Even myself as a Sony fan knows when to stop comparing sales with 1st-party exclusives, in which Sony gets pretty much blown out of the water by Nintendo and Microsoft.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

While I wont comment on the numbers I will say there is considerably less hype for this title than there was for either Gears 2 or 3. However there has also been pretty much zero marketing for the game.

I'm sure a few weeks before launch the MS hype train will take off. Don't expect huge sales though. I'm thinking around 2 -2.5 million LT which is a significant drop for the franchise. Its a prequel, not made by the same team, and most importantly doesn't even have Horde mode in it. All things that will affect total sales.

sales2099 said:
Deyon said:

- The bundles were not mass produced and limited in territories and availability. Cant use that as a crutch.

- You can't talk about lack of 360 legs when most ps3 exclusives open low and die off

I'm avoiding you because i got another dude quoting me.

- I can't prove anything because i don't work for Microsoft. same goes for you! you can't prove Sony's bundling if they we're limited in territories and availability or not.

I don't wanna be a a dickhead and post a link to all the HEAVY! Gears/Halo bundles. You do that yourself.

Deyon said:
sales2099 said:
Deyon said:

I'm avoiding you because i got another dude quoting me.

- I can't prove anything because i don't work for Microsoft. same goes for you! you can't prove Sony's bundling if they we're limited in territories and availability or not.

I don't wanna be a a dickhead and post a link to all the HEAVY! Gears/Halo bundles. You do that yourself.

Please do.

When you type in gears of War 3 bundle the only thing that comes up in both the regular search and image search is the limited edition console.

When you do the same for Uncharted it tells a different story. Not only did 1, 2, and 3 gt bundled, but at least Best Buy was giving 1 and 2 away when you bought the Uncharted 3 bundle.