By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can PSP's Saviours be million seller? Crisis Core and God of War

http://www.gamespot.com/psp/rpg/crisiscorefinalfantasyvii/images.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=tabs&tag=tabs;images
If you look on that page it would appear there will be a crisis core version of the psp so ff:cc should easily break 2 million in sales. I think that GoW:CoO will get there also in it's life time simply because there aren't many very good to great games on the psp and this should get a great start with the name and if it lives up to the hype (here's to hope) it will pass it because of people starving for a good psp game.

Around the Network
cwbys21 said:
http://www.gamespot.com/psp/rpg/crisiscorefinalfantasyvii/images.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=tabs&tag=tabs;images
If you look on that page it would appear there will be a crisis core version of the psp so ff:cc should easily break 2 million in sales. I think that GoW:CoO will get there also in it's life time simply because there aren't many very good to great games on the psp and this should get a great start with the name and if it lives up to the hype (here's to hope) it will pass it because of people starving for a good psp game.

That was exclusive for Japan . And only 77777 units :(

tk1797 : I wont , Im happy with my Piano Black one :D Anyways , Il rather spend money on softwares :D 

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I think both of these games will be million sellers, almost certainly.

I wouldn't buy either one.

For me, the PSP is about MGS, Disgaea, Tactics, and Castlevania.

The DS has better options in about every area, but those games are rock solid justifications for owning a PSP.

However, I do hate when a goddamn gaming device tries to be a phone and a TV. I hope Sony changes direction with its next gen PSP and concentrates on gaming once again.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Well at least this direction secures it some solid hardware sales :)

@ hunter_alien, I am happy with its multimedia capabilities now, I actually think the TV anywhere would be a good thing, but I don't think I want it to be a phone. Sony need to make sure that their system is designed for gaming, and other multimedia aspects are just little additions

Around the Network
ChichiriMuyo said:

Piracy is given way too much credit for the PSP's weak software sales. The price of the games and the fact that the device does a lot more than just play games is really what hurts it. Only PSP games I've seen are Daxter and Castlevania X, because my roommate uses it more for its media capabilities (though he likes playing games on it just fine). Though he does want to hack it, he would still purchase worthwhile games if the opportunity arose.

Anyway, the PSP doesn't need to be saved. Handhelds traditionally have low attach rates and they'd be worse if you took Nintendo out of the picture, which is pretty much how the PSP has played out. Given that it's more than just a game device, it's actually selling fairly well. They'd like more, no doubt, but the system is so far only halfway through its life or so (maybe less, who knows) and it has already well outsold many a console so far.

Before long the PSP will have outsold any non-Sony, non-Nintendo piece of video game hardware, and if it does as well for the next 3 years as it has doen the last 3 then it will likely pass the NES in hardware sales. Hardly in need of a savior, I'd say. They just need to actually put good games on the system. Really, it's only a lack of decent titles that makes it look like such a joke. People could deal with it being a lower attach than Nintendo due t its nature, but selling more hardware than software some weeks in some places is just plain bad.

Ahhh... a lone voice of reason. :)

Yes, the PSP's software sales suck compared to hardware sales.  And as I've said multiple times, it's because the system is trying to be a 'jack of all trades' and is really a 'master of none'. 

The DS doesn't have any real multimedia capabilties built into the hardware.  It doesn't play music, movies, surf the 'net, etc.  Then again, Nintendo knows it's purpose and has a clear, focused message with their juggernaut.   The DS is a truly portable machine with games for all types and unique (for the gaming industry) interfaces (touch and voice).

Sony... well the PSP was envisioned to be the ultimate portable machine.  It plays games, movies, music, and surfs the web.  But the machine is kind of big for my pockets.  And I'm concerned about scratching up the system while taking it on the go.  And the battery life isn't really good enough for long trips.  And the games and movies cost a bit too much.

A friend and I have both systems.  My PSP mostly collects dust.  I break out the DS for routine gaming on the go.  His PSP mostly plays music and pod casts.  He plays the DS on occasion.  Neither of us pirate PSP games.

Oh and before I forget, yes both games should be able to sell 1M copies.  It would be a very sad day if they don't reach those milestones.

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

Munkeh111 said:
@ hunter_alien, I am happy with its multimedia capabilities now, I actually think the TV anywhere would be a good thing, but I don't think I want it to be a phone. Sony need to make sure that their system is designed for gaming, and other multimedia aspects are just little additions

Same here , but having Skype doesnt makes it actually a phone , at least not a good one . I actaully would be more than OK with MP3/4 playback and gaming . I rarely use the web-browser , but in the same time , I know that all this extra stuff makes the PSP sell so well . Also , if we would have seen some major releases and more portable-friendly games launched in 06 and 07 , I bet that software sales would have been better :)