By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global UP! 26th January 2013

walsufnir said:
zumnupy10 said:
Nino Kuni leading this week charts is shocking for me.

It was at 122k pre-orders in US. So 140k in US is fine but next week will be hard for it.

Those numbers seemed overtracked for me.

Around the Network

Too expensive and no games, especially compared to PS3 and 360 with big exclusives coming in 1st half year.

It seems the Nintendo Direct did little to increase sales as some hoped.  Granted we pretty much knew that from the Japanese charts, but this further confirms it.  It also doesn't seem to have seen an increase in Europe for the next week based on the charts released so far.

The Wii U has now gone three weeks selling less than the Vita in an aligned comparison.

Wii U
US week 10: 10,036
EU week 9: 7,009
JP week 8: 12,976
Total: 30,021

Vita
US week 10: 14,254
EU week 9: 20,420
JP week 8: 17,031
Total: 51,705

The gap is actually slightly bigger this week than last week.

Areym said:
Nobody loves WiiU/Vita

May as well call it ViitaU.

Galaki said:
Areym said:
Nobody loves WiiU/Vita

May as well call it ViitaU.

Sony and Nintendo might as well partner up again and make it a reality!

Around the Network

kirby sold more because of yoshi's epic yarn announcement

Also I have to question the DS sales in Europe.  The best week it had during Christmas was less than 17k according to Nintendo's charts.  We also know that the DS is overtracked by quite a bit (sales are greater than shipments), and they only shipped 30k to "Other" last quarter.  With all of that in mind, 8,141 seems unreasonably high.

Edit: Actually VGC has the DS doing 10,056 outside of Japan and North America, which is even more unlikely.

Ah! The Vita is almost ahead of the PSP.

DMC numbers dropped off a cliff.

Yakuzaice said:

It seems the Nintendo Direct did little to increase sales as some hoped.  Granted we pretty much knew that from the Japanese charts, but this further confirms it.  It also doesn't seem to have seen an increase in Europe for the next week based on the charts released so far.

The Wii U has now gone three weeks selling less than the Vita in an aligned comparison.

Wii U
US week 10: 10,036
EU week 9: 7,009
JP week 8: 12,976
Total: 30,021

Vita
US week 10: 14,254
EU week 9: 20,420
JP week 8: 17,031
Total: 51,705

The gap is actually slightly bigger this week than last week.

Surreal.

I never expected the Wii U to perform as well as the Wii, but not bad like that, man, not like that...and can you imagine if NSMBU wasn´t available?

The 30k gap keeps up then 360 will have no problem holding 2nd til November.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.