By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global UP! 26th January 2013

Damn WiiU and Vita......

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
JGarret said:
Yakuzaice said:

It seems the Nintendo Direct did little to increase sales as some hoped.  Granted we pretty much knew that from the Japanese charts, but this further confirms it.  It also doesn't seem to have seen an increase in Europe for the next week based on the charts released so far.

The Wii U has now gone three weeks selling less than the Vita in an aligned comparison.

Wii U
US week 10: 10,036
EU week 9: 7,009
JP week 8: 12,976
Total: 30,021

Vita
US week 10: 14,254
EU week 9: 20,420
JP week 8: 17,031
Total: 51,705

The gap is actually slightly bigger this week than last week.

Surreal.

I never expected the Wii U to perform as well as the Wii, but not bad like that, man, not like that...and can you imagine if NSMBU wasn´t available?

I don't think anybody on the chartz predicted this, or at least I didn't see anyone predict it. You'd probably be labelled a hater if you did!

Sal.Paradise said:
JGarret said:
Yakuzaice said:

It seems the Nintendo Direct did little to increase sales as some hoped.  Granted we pretty much knew that from the Japanese charts, but this further confirms it.  It also doesn't seem to have seen an increase in Europe for the next week based on the charts released so far.

The Wii U has now gone three weeks selling less than the Vita in an aligned comparison.

Wii U
US week 10: 10,036
EU week 9: 7,009
JP week 8: 12,976
Total: 30,021

Vita
US week 10: 14,254
EU week 9: 20,420
JP week 8: 17,031
Total: 51,705

The gap is actually slightly bigger this week than last week.

Surreal.

I never expected the Wii U to perform as well as the Wii, but not bad like that, man, not like that...and can you imagine if NSMBU wasn´t available?

I don't think anybody on the chartz predicted this, or at least I didn't see anyone predict it. You'd probably be labelled a hater if you did!

True.

That´s one of the reasons a new generation is exciting..it´s a completely new game, being the 'winner' in a previous generation means very little or nothing if you don´t play your cards right.

this is sad. the numbers in your sig? strange. explanation plz?

Finally! Are these numbers like really, really late or something? We should be getting this weeks' Famitsu numbers tomorrow and we've only just had the WW sales of everything put up.

But still, I like chartz, so s'all good. Shocking from Vita. Equally shocking from Wii-U* (Yakuzaice's comparison makes it seem even worse).

PS3 teetering on the edge of 100k as well. Will it drop below next week? I think so :(

On the plus side, really, really pleased seeing Ni No Kuni opening to those kind of numbers in the USA. I hope it has some decent legs and ends up selling really well, it deserves it. Work on PS3 more, Level-5!

*I might even say that they're HORRENDOUS ©

© Kresnik 2013.

Around the Network

isnt Q1 supposed to be a good quarter for sales?

bananaking21 said:

Q1? No.

ethomaz said:
bananaking21 said:

Q1? No.

dont publishers release their big games in march because its a good period for selling consoles/video games? from what i understood that console sales get higher in march

bananaking21 said:

dont publishers release their big games in march because its a good period for selling consoles/video games? from what i understood that console sales get higher in march

No. They release some biggest games in this period to get better results in this quarter... they needs to increase the sales... so put some big games to sell.

Only positive thing about the Wii U is that its sales look to be stabilizing.

O and Wii U will pass 1 million in the US alone next week.

3DS continues to give hope for the 8th gen of gaming.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)