By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing Transformed 3DS footage + screenshots

its a great game, currently own it on the wii u and vita. :)

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network
IsawYoshi said:
Looks nice, but i'm kinda puzzled as to why sega have delayed the to sonic game on the 3ds (this and generations). It can't possibly be well for the sales of the game :/

Generations on the 3DS crawled up on sales to 680k. It went under many peoples radars, but its actually a really good game. much better than the home console versions. 2D sonic goodness from beggining to end. None of this terrible "modern" 3D gameplay.

I'm curious to see how this game is gonna do with the Mario Kart 7 crowd.

The video looks sketchy. I'm unsure if its the game droping frame-rate or the video due to poor lighting. Its amazing that all the bits and pieces as the main console version are there though. Pretty good job with that.

I'n not gonna get it because i got the 360 versions, wich i will sell soon. The insane difficulty of the career mode eventually put me off it after i hit the end credits.

I think the frame rate is a bit misleading.  Look at the light refecting off of the 3DS's screen, is it just me or does the actual reflection look to be low frames per second aswell?  Could this have been shot with a very crappy camera or compressed by someone who doesn't know what they are doing?  Watch it again to see what I mean.

I wish I could see the video. Honestly, I could almost see the Vita version being straight ported over with a lower resolution and more jaggies. I compared the console version to the Vita one and the difference was pretty large. Polygon count was cut down, no shadows, and the water effects were watered down a great deal(pun intended).

chris_wing said:

I think the frame rate is a bit misleading.  Look at the light refecting off of the 3DS's screen, is it just me or does the actual reflection look to be low frames per second aswell?  Could this have been shot with a very crappy camera or compressed by someone who doesn't know what they are doing?  Watch it again to see what I mean.

The one who recorded this video said the framerate is low even on the 3DS. He also said the graphics are better than Mario Kart 7's, so I guess we'll have to wait for other impressions.

"Unfortunatelly this comes at the cost of a low frame-rate, but the frame-rate seems to get better as the game goes on."

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Around the Network

Just how bad is the frame rate? It wasn't good to begin with on any of the more powerful systems.

Pokemonbrawlvg said:
chris_wing said:

The one who recorded this video said the framerate is low even on the 3DS. He also said the graphics are better than Mario Kart 7's, so I guess we'll have to wait for other impressions.

"Unfortunatelly this comes at the cost of a low frame-rate, but the frame-rate seems to get better as the game goes on."

It may be the case, but the video recording seems to make it look much worse.  We'll have to see more of it to really know, but aside from the frame rate it looks pretty good.

TheBardsSong said:
Just how bad is the frame rate? It wasn't good to begin with on any of the more powerful systems.

Pezus' "it's like a slideshow" comment was an exaggeration, but along the right lines for describing it.  It's slows down heavily in certain points.

Like other people have said, it may have something to do with the way it's filmed though, we'll have to wait and see.

I gather the other versions also suffered with this issue but for example, this video of the Vita version:

Seems like it has at least 3x better framerate than 3DS.

That said, comparing the two videos side-by-side, the 3DS version does seem to have everything on screen that the Vita version has.  Less detailed, but still there.  Perhaps that's the cause of the framerate issues.

Nem said:
IsawYoshi said:
Looks nice, but i'm kinda puzzled as to why sega have delayed the to sonic game on the 3ds (this and generations). It can't possibly be well for the sales of the game :/

Generations on the 3DS crawled up on sales to 680k. It went under many peoples radars, but its actually a really good game. much better than the home console versions. 2D sonic goodness from beggining to end. None of this terrible "modern" 3D gameplay.

I'm curious to see how this game is gonna do with the Mario Kart 7 crowd.

The video looks sketchy. I'm unsure if its the game droping frame-rate or the video due to poor lighting. Its amazing that all the bits and pieces as the main console version are there though. Pretty good job with that.

I'n not gonna get it because i got the 360 versions, wich i will sell soon. The insane difficulty of the career mode eventually put me off it after i hit the end credits.

Insane difficulty? What is this, Mario kart? No but seriously, I doubt the game will do that well. Generations was at least a game made right for the system, this is more like rayman origins on the 3ds, witch as far as I know didn't do all that well.

Whoever mentioned insane difficulty is correct. This is the Ninja Gaiden of cart racers, F-Zero GX reborn. If you want a more detailed response let me know