By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Q3 FY2012 - $124m loss, PS3+PS2 6.8m, PSV+PSP 2.7m

Turkish said:
It would be nice if everyone made hardware predictions. Here's mine:
PS3: 5.4m
PS2: 1.1m
PSV: 3.2m
PSP: 1.1m

They could group PS3+PS2 and PSV+PSP together, then we'll see 6.5m and 4.3m respectively.

Um, Ps2 is going to equal Vita? How much is Ps2 even still selling these days?

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Max King of the Wild said:
kowenicki said:
Prediction: meltdowns incoming

Yay for ambiguous statements.

Tell us why you expect them and from who.

My visions don't work that way. They give me signs i need to translate...

How brave of you. 

Yes so far all i've seen is a volcano erupt and then it cuts to a blacksmith smelting iron...

kowenicki said:
riderz13371 said:
I predict Sony domination.

Yeah. They will def dominate their own financials. No doubt. Nailed on.  

Yes you are right good sir. Sony domination as per usual, just another day at the office. 

1.2 mil is down of the same quarter yet it 54% of last years totals even though each quarter showed decreases through the entire year. Doesnt make sense Sony shipped twice as much in a slow period this year than they did in a busy period last year. The 70mil at the end of October doesn't support that statement at all. 2.3mil on shelves right before Sony is about to ramp up shipments? Unless you expect Sony to have about 3 million on shelves at the end of december thn Ps2 shipped less than you expect.

It's alredy knewn the PS3 is undertracked here.

VGC shows PS3 at 5,387,137 for Q3 plus the undertracked can put it near 6 million... so over 7 million shipped.

My guess? 7.4 million.

Or 75.4 million lifetime... ~ 2.2 million on shelves.

Around the Network
ps3-sales! said:
Turkish said:

They could group PS3+PS2 and PSV+PSP together, then we'll see 6.5m and 4.3m respectively.

Um, Ps2 is going to equal Vita? How much is Ps2 even still selling these days?

Our last solid figures were .9mil during the 3 busiest months (oct-dec) and .6mil during the 2nd busiest 3 months (Jan-March). Meaning if they shipped 1.1mil this year they will have shipped 80% of last years totals with another quarter to go while solid figures show quarterly declines

ethomaz said:

VGC shows PS3 at 5,387,137 for Q3 plus the undertracked can put it near 6 million... so over 7 million shipped.

My guess? 7.4 million.

Or 75.4 million lifetime... ~ 2.2 million on shelves.

See I come up with similar numbers as you but mine take ps2 declines in consideration. Which would mean ps3 is undertracked and needs less than 7mil shipped to make your final estimate. I expect about 5.5million in Q4 with ~1mil being in October. 74.5mil at end of Dec putting the ps3 ~1.4mil behind 360 in shipments.

Edit: it makes no sense to expect Sony to ship 1.5mil in the busiest half year last year and ship 2.2-2.4mil in the slowest half this year while the Ps2 declined every quarter last year. I expect at best matching sales... which would actually impress me still showing no decline from busy period.

kowenicki said:
Turkish said:

Could? They will. The will not give individual numbers. 

or "we shipped 12m playstations, more than any competitor combined x2"

kowenicki said:
kowenicki said:
Prediction: meltdowns incoming

Yay for ambiguous statements.

Tell us why you expect them and from who.

My visions don't work that way. They give me signs i need to translate...

How brave of you. 

I've had another vision. It was the scene of DBZ when Namek blew up... I think it's saying the meltdown will be from someone with a DBZ avatar.

man-bear-pig said:
This is gonna be a tough one to call...

On one hand, they've had Skyfall which is one of the highest grossing films of all time, they sold a record 10m smartphones in the quarter and there is a favourable exchange rate. On the other hand, however, the gaming division and TV division will be down YOY and sales of their Vaio laptops will also be down. Hmm...

how do you now they sold 10million smartphones?