By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Q3 FY2012 - $124m loss, PS3+PS2 6.8m, PSV+PSP 2.7m

Max King of the Wild said:

Yes, but people for some reason think Sony has shipped 1.2million Ps2's in the last 2 quarters because of ambiguous press release after the financials were released. Yet the ignore hard evidence of the Ps2 declining every quarter and shipping less in Q3 last year than these people expect Sony to have shipped during the slowest times of the year this year.

1.2 million in the latest quarters is down a lot yoy... and the 70 million PS3 for end of October confirm the PS2 sold at least over 1 million in Q1 and Q2... If not PS3 should ship over 71 million.

Around the Network
donsterydo2 said:
ethomaz said:
PS3: 7.4m

PS3 is down 900k-1m this year (from 6.5m) and you write that Sony will magicaly ship 900k more PS3 instead?

This is a joke or what?

That's not a joke... the previous quarters Sony shipped less than the yoy drop for the year... so now they have to ship more... a expect less in Q4 but Q3 is to be over 7 million.

Can't see them making any profit this quarter. If they do then they will have done a great job.
But everything points to big loses again and I think in terms of Ps3 sales it will be over tracked again on here.
What I'm most interested in is the vita sales and to see if they update forecasts. If they announce the ps4 only a week or so later then that will have an effect on future ps3 sales. So if they forecast down then I think that will confirm the new console will 100% be out this year.

donsterydo2 said:
ethomaz said:
PS3: 7.4m

PS3 is down 900k-1m this year (from 6.5m) and you write that Sony will magicaly ship 900k more PS3 instead?

This is a joke or what?

Ps3 is down in sales but companies can get away with stuffing stores full because 4th quarter is so wild. Stores would rather be safe than sorry. (but they didn't ship 7mil. 6mil max)

kowenicki said:
Prediction: meltdowns incoming

Yay for ambiguous statements.

Tell us why you expect them and from who.

My visions don't work that way. They give me signs i need to translate...

Around the Network

It would be nice if everyone made hardware predictions. Here's mine:
PS3: 5.4m
PS2: 1.1m
PSV: 3.2m
PSP: 1.1m

They could group PS3+PS2 and PSV+PSP together, then we'll see 6.5m and 4.3m respectively.

kowenicki said:

Hats off to them if they do.

previous qtr 3 shipments.

2006 1.7

2007 4.9

2008 4.5

2009 6.5

2010 6.3

2011 6.5

That will be the best Q3 ever for PS3.

I predict Sony domination.

ethomaz said:

Yes, but people for some reason think Sony has shipped 1.2million Ps2's in the last 2 quarters because of ambiguous press release after the financials were released. Yet the ignore hard evidence of the Ps2 declining every quarter and shipping less in Q3 last year than these people expect Sony to have shipped during the slowest times of the year this year.

1.2 million in the latest quarters is down a lot yoy... and the 70 million PS3 for end of October confirm the PS2 sold at least over 1 million in Q1 and Q2... If not PS3 should ship over 71 million.

1.2 mil is down of the same quarter yet it 54% of last years totals even though each quarter showed decreases through the entire year. Doesnt make sense Sony shipped twice as much in a slow period this year than they did in a busy period last year. The 70mil at the end of October doesn't support that statement at all. 2.3mil on shelves right before Sony is about to ramp up shipments? Unless you expect Sony to have about 3 million on shelves at the end of december thn Ps2 shipped less than you expect.

Hyruken said:
Can't see them making any profit this quarter. If they do then they will have done a great job.
But everything points to big loses again and I think in terms of Ps3 sales it will be over tracked again on here.
What I'm most interested in is the vita sales and to see if they update forecasts. If they announce the ps4 only a week or so later then that will have an effect on future ps3 sales. So if they forecast down then I think that will confirm the new console will 100% be out this year.

Nintendo pretty much confirmed undertracking for each console already.