By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone who thinks the 64/cube failed due to 1st party software is...

Tagged games:

JGarret said:
NintendoPie said:
I don't know how anyone could say that when the GameCube had this:

That could've been one of the only First Party titles released on GameCube and I would still love it.

Having played the original Mario Kart for the SNES, Mario Kart 64, Mario Kart Double Dash and Mario Kart Wii, Double Dash is, in my opinion, the worst MK game by far.

I think Double Dash is considered to be one of the best entries in the series.  That may or may not be due more or less to the very underwhelming direction Nintendo took with Mario Kart Wii, by watering-down the gameplay mechanics and getting rid of the side-to-side turbo boost.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

Around the Network
Screamapillar said:

I think Double Dash is considered to be one of the best entries in the series.  That may or may not be due more or less to the very underwhelming direction Nintendo took with Mario Kart Wii, by watering-down the gameplay mechanics and getting rid of the side-to-side turbo boost.

Yeah, I'm not totally sure what these people are talking about. MK:DD has to be the best MK of all time.

NintendoPie said:
KHlover said:

I always hated this game. Damn did I suck in it. The Mario game of choice was this for me:

Included in the best bundle ever:

Only demons hated MK:DD!! That must mean...

GYAHAHAHAHAHAHA. BOW DOWN, MORTAL!!!

Screamapillar said:
JGarret said:
NintendoPie said:

That could've been one of the only First Party titles released on GameCube and I would still love it.

Having played the original Mario Kart for the SNES, Mario Kart 64, Mario Kart Double Dash and Mario Kart Wii, Double Dash is, in my opinion, the worst MK game by far.

As far as I have heard, it is a pretty divided oppinion. Many loved it for the changes it had to the formula, and many hated it for it. There was also the fact that it could have had internet ut nintendo was lazy :p

JGarret said:
NintendoPie said:

That's surprising. I consider it the best...by a wide margin in fact. There is some imbalance with the characters and the battle arenas pale in comparison to Mario Kart 64, but the tracks are expertly designed, the controls are tight and responsive, and the addition of a second driver makes the gameplay insanely perfect.

Around the Network
Screamapillar said:
I don't agree with the premise of your topic. N64 and GameCube didn't fail at all. They both had five or six year lifespans and turned large profits for Nintendo through software, hardware, and accessory sales. If anyone says N64 or GameCube were "failures" they do not understand the definition of the word "failure".

I mean going from being the #1 brand in the industry to being a distant second, and meeting serious business threats were it not for the release of miracle wonders such as Pokemon RGB.

You know, the common-sense definition of failure... the one that says that Nintendo may not have been in the game much longer were it not for Pokemon.

Scoobes said:
Huh? People actually think that? Nintendo survived those 2 gens because of first party games.

Nintendo barely managed. With N64 being a little better than Gamecube. This would not have been even possible if the first party failed them.

GameAnalyser said:
Scoobes said:
Huh? People actually think that? Nintendo survived those 2 gens because of first party games.

Nintendo barely managed. With N64 being a little better than Gamecube.This would not have been even possible if the first party failed them.

Making a profit during the entire Gen...

KHlover said:

That was just off of the GBA.

NintendoPie said:
KHlover said:

That was just off of the GBA.

Sarcasm? We should officially introduce a sarcasm tag for this forum. Either /s or just writing sarcasm like this.

Either way, I'm pretty sure Nintendo managed to make a small profit from the GCN alone...