By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - what is the purpose of life?

Andrespetmonkey said:
Roma said:
isn't it depressing to feel that life has no purpose?

No...  We all have certain goals, things we want to do or see, experiences we want to have or keep having etc. at any given time, and that's what keeps us going. 

but doesn't that make you fear death or just makes you want to live longer?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
Roma said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
Roma said:
isn't it depressing to feel that life has no purpose?

No...  We all have certain goals, things we want to do or see, experiences we want to have or keep having etc. at any given time, and that's what keeps us going. 

but doesn't that make you fear death or just makes you want to live longer?

Death is distant for me (most likely), so maybe when I'm older I'll start thinking or worrying about it more. As of now I don't really find the concept of death too daunting, I didn't exist before I was born either and that... wasn't so bad. The process of dying is a little scary though.

Roma said:

as I said there is a design that can't exist without a designer just like a bunch of numbers can't form gravity in a computer game without guidance

which leads to a creator that was not created as if he was created then that creator has a creator and so on thus we would not exist.

if a person has to be granted permission to shoot a guy and that person has to get permission to give permission and so on then the guy would never be shot

Thx you for acknowledging this.

So in end we go back to either - every design needs a designer and as such even a creator needs a designer or creator doesn't need a designer and as such every design doesn't need a designer hence universes doesn't need a desiner.

Your analogy doesn't make sence. Guidance = computer program = something we can see, understand, describe, quantify. Guidence = God = ??????

Tom3k said:
Roma said:

as I said there is a design that can't exist without a designer just like a bunch of numbers can't form gravity in a computer game without guidance

which leads to a creator that was not created as if he was created then that creator has a creator and so on thus we would not exist.

if a person has to be granted permission to shoot a guy and that person has to get permission to give permission and so on then the guy would never be shot

Thx you for acknowledging this.

So in end we go back to either - every design needs a designer and as such even a creator needs a designer or creator doesn't need a designer and as such every design doesn't need a designer hence universes doesn't need a desiner.

Your analogy doesn't make sence. Guidance = computer program = something we can see, understand, describe, quantify. Guidence = God = ??????

lol do I need to say that not every designer has a designer here? I thought I already covered that with the word creator! the designer is the creator

1) no creation can exist without a creator but a creator can exists without a creator as the creator is not a creation because if every creator/designer had a creator/designer then we would not exists just like the guy would never be shot.

2) the universe has rules, rules come from an intelligent being that being is the creator/designer

Roma said:

I said God does not have a creator as he is not a creation

every creation has a creator but not every creator has a creator

there is a pattern in the universe that can't simple exist by accident which means there is an orchestrator which means intelligence.

an example from the video is our solar system, galaxies, nebula's and how everything has rules. that's like saying that you can throw a bunch of numbers and symbols and hope that by accident create gravity in a computer game and then throw another batch to create light.

watch the video in the OP as it explains things that would make more sense to you then my writing

It only appears that way.

Here's a nice little video that's fun and shows some simple examples: Part 3.

If you'd like, here's part 1 and part 2.

Around the Network
miz1q2w3e said:
Roma said:

there is a pattern in the universe that can't simple exist by accident which means there is an orchestrator which means intelligence.

an example from the video is our solar system, galaxies, nebula's and how everything has rules. that's like saying that you can throw a bunch of numbers and symbols and hope that by accident create gravity in a computer game and then throw another batch to create light.

watch the video in the OP as it explains things that would make more sense to you then my writing

those are fun and interesting videos but I don't see how it disproves what I'm saying?

7dar el video in my OP, 2wem! :)

Roma said:
miz1q2w3e said:
Roma said:

those are fun and interesting videos but I don't see how it disproves what I'm saying?

0:48:08 + 1:05:37 + 1:14:46 ...shayifne majnoun? XD

I love how your accent shows in your writing, though :p

miz1q2w3e said:
Roma said:
miz1q2w3e said:
Roma said:

0:48:08 + 1:05:37 + 1:14:46 ...shayifne majnoun? XD

I love how your accent shows in your writing, though :p

haha well you only need to watch part one as the others are more about religion :)

hehe :)

Augen said:

...the Universe and everything.

... Says Siri and Google.

I would say that, Everyone's, purpose in life is to, Chose, either to Accept or Reject that there is A Creator. Ultimately, therefore, everyone fulfills their purpose, as everyone by the time of their death has either accepted or rejected that there is a creator.

If that is true, then it would seem as though many posters on VGchatz have already fulfilled their purpose in life, so life is now only about living until you die.

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.