By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Zelda Rumors!! *Nothing New Yet*

Tbh I going to call a combination of fake and calculated guesses, firstly Aonuma said shortly after SWS that he didn't like that it took 5 years to develop as it limits Zelda to cameo appearances on a console and that he wanted to shorten development time between console Zelda games and imo WWHD is a means of making sure the isn't a big gap devoid of Zelda between SWS and the next Zelda. WWHD is not a HD port but actually being completely remade all the way down to the game's assets this would easily mean that it would of had to be green lit from at least about a year ago, a remake cuts out a lot of development procedures yeah but it still wouldn't of been green lit last minute and still make 2013.

This remake to me seems more of a strategy to fill the gaps for new Zelda titles which take long to develop from concept through to going gold and I wouldn't be surprised if MM, ALTTP or any other older Zelda game is remade after Zelda U has come and gone. Aonuma and co probably saw how well OOT did and sanctioned WWHD to cover for Zelda U's long development, think about it the concept and all is already done for you it's just redoing the assets and sorting out some previous issues.

Around the Network

d00m

Wyrdness said:
Tbh I going to call a combination of fake and calculated guesses, firstly Aonuma said shortly after SWS that he didn't like that it took 5 years to develop as it limits Zelda to cameo appearances on a console and that he wanted to shorten development time between console Zelda games and imo WWHD is a means of making sure the isn't a big gap devoid of Zelda between SWS and the next Zelda. WWHD is not a HD port but actually being completely remade all the way down to the game's assets this would easily mean that it would of had to be green lit from at least about a year ago, a remake cuts out a lot of development procedures yeah but it still wouldn't of been green lit last minute and still make 2013.

This remake to me seems more of a strategy to fill the gaps for new Zelda titles which take long to develop from concept through to going gold and I wouldn't be surprised if MM, ALTTP or any other older Zelda game is remade after Zelda U has come and gone. Aonuma and co probably saw how well OOT did and sanctioned WWHD to cover for Zelda U's long development, think about it the concept and all is already done for you it's just redoing the assets and sorting out some previous issues.

I couldn't agree more

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

I want Zelda 3ds December 2013 WWHD October 2013 and ZeldaU Friday 12th December 2014 in Europe!

Switch!!!