By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Zelda Rumors!! *Nothing New Yet*

Hynad said:
DieAppleDie said:
to sum up

Zelda 3DS, new artstyle, focuses on portabitlity, holiday 2013
ZeldaU, Skyward sword/Oot style art, focuses on exploration, holiday 2014

Wait... A 3DS Zelda... focusing on... portability?

Really?

No shit Sherlock.

I don't think that's what the rumor wants to say. I understand that dungeons in the 3DS will be developed around portability.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

I would doubt all the way until 2015 for the console Zelda. If anything, WindWaker HD's sudden commissioning is just a sign of "desperate Nintendo" throwing stuff out there to see what sticks

The amount of effort put into the WindWaker remake could, however, have a negative impact on the console game's release tracking.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I certainly wouldn't mind more exploration in The Legend of Zelda. Nor would I by any means have anything against returning to the Ocarina of Time/Skyward Sword art styles.

I do fear this need of rushing titles through the gate though. Back in the day, Miyamoto had the opportunity to play through Super Mario 64, realize it got boring after a while, and completely redesign half of the game. Now we see Nintendo porting over older titles to give them enough time to create new ones. And a complete reliance in co-operating with several different developers to finish some of their titles (e.g. Team Ninja working on Metroid: Other M and Namco Bandai working on SSBB to name a few examples).

Hopefully this will pay off well enough for them to expand and return to developing titles at their own pace, eventually.

If the more exploration part is true THANK GOD. The most annoying part of Skyward Sword was that its just 3 levels to chose from. It was so annying....

And I need more towns!

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

I certainly wouldn't mind more exploration in The Legend of Zelda. Nor would I by any means have anything against returning to the Ocarina of Time/Skyward Sword art styles.

I do fear this need of rushing titles through the gate though. Back in the day, Miyamoto had the opportunity to play through Super Mario 64, realize it got boring after a while, and completely redesign half of the game. Now we see Nintendo porting over older titles to give them enough time to create new ones. And a complete reliance in co-operating with several different developers to finish some of their titles (e.g. Team Ninja working on Metroid: Other M and Namco Bandai working on SSBB to name a few examples).

Hopefully this will pay off well enough for them to expand and return to developing titles at their own pace, eventually.

yeah, Nintendo needs to expand! As long as they keep the same quality....

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

The sad thing is though that one reason that older titles like Banjo-Kazooie was so great was because there was only a few dozen people developing them. The close relations between everyone involved made development much more smooth than what we have today where it takes hundreds of people to develop a single title.

But yeah, hopefully they will be able to maintain high quality despite current difficulties.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
DanneSandin said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

The sad thing is though that one reason that older titles like Banjo-Kazooie was so great was because there was only a few dozen people developing them. The close relations between everyone involved made development much more smooth than what we have today where it takes hundreds of people to develop a single title.

But yeah, hopefully they will be able to maintain high quality despite current difficulties.

Looking at Mario Galaxy and Skyward Sword I think it's quite evident that Nintendo can maintain HIGH quality even with bigger teams. What hinders them from expanding is the fact that Nintendo don't hire as many new talents as they could, because they wanna make sure that everyone they hire will meet their expectations...

I'm a bit worried about this new art style for the 3DS. I just hope they keep the gameplay from the ocarina of time/3D games and dont go back to that crap gameplay the DS games had with the stylus. Completely ruined those games for me.

Nem said:
I'm a bit worried about this new art style for the 3DS. I just hope they keep the gameplay from the ocarina of time/3D games and dont go back to that crap gameplay the DS games had with the stylus. Completely ruined those games for me.

Yeah, I've never been interested in those titles for the DS... OoT is the first handheld Zelda I'm eager to play, and I'am also interested in trying out Links Awakening...

DanneSandin said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Looking at Mario Galaxy and Skyward Sword I think it's quite evident that Nintendo can maintain HIGH quality even with bigger teams. What hinders them from expanding is the fact that Nintendo don't hire as many new talents as they could, because they wanna make sure that everyone they hire will meet their expectations...

They had plenty of time to develop Skyward Sword though, and the Wii didn't require much greater teams than the Gamecube since it was basically the same technology.

The Wii's automatic sales generated by the then revolutionary motion controls gave them a lot of time and money. This time around they need to actively fight for it and will think twice before taking risks. That is the reason for my fear.