By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playstation 4 Discussion Thread: PS4 will be announced on February 20th.

Jay520 said:
This seems extremely early for an event that's nearly a month away.

Too early to talk about the next gen?  No way we have had threads for games like The Last of Us for a year and this is a LOT bigger deal than any game

Around the Network

So an announcement of an announcement. Hopefully this will be worth the wait. Hopefully they will announce the PS4 or a vita price cut. Preferrebly both :)

Tagged.

The publicity around this is gonna be massive...it might even make M$ push forward the 720 announcement. Also, 20th Feb seems a little early for a console which presumably won't be releasing for at least another 7 months. It'll kill the PS3's legs completely, but I'm just hyped about seeing how high they'll set the standard for next-gen console specs. Hyped!

So will you change the title to The Official PS4 Thread when the PS4 actually gets announced?

NintendoPie said:
So will you change the title to The Official PS4 Thread when the PS4 actually gets announced?

Yep I havent called it that yet as its still not "official" its being announced.  As soon as we get the final word or enough evidence that its 100% Ill change the name

Around the Network

So.

1) event starts
2) talks about future of playstation and gaming
3) introduces PS4
4) basic talk about specs (MS hasn't shown yet so its still good to hold back)
5) discusses OS basics and plan (enhancements to what we see in Vita/PS3)
6) begins game discussion and plans
7) games intermingled with controller enhancements
8) big game trailer of games that will never make that visual quality. :p
9) ends show with more to come at E3. (maybe even GDC or GDC will just mirror this)

BenVTrigger said:
NintendoPie said:

Yep I havent called it that yet as its still not "official" its being announced.  As soon as we get the final word or enough evidence that its 100% Ill change the name

It actually does seem like MUGEN wants his thread to be the Official Thread for the announcement.

NintendoPie said:
BenVTrigger said:
NintendoPie said:

It actually does seem like MUGEN wants his thread to be the Official Thread for the announcement.

Ah well it didnt appear that way at first.

If he wants it Ill let him have it.  He has to tell me though.  Because as of right now his thread is just about the announcement this was going to be the Official Playstation 4 thread

Having 2 threads is fine.

MUGEN's thread is for PS fans to post gifs and memes about how hyped they are, and this thread is for people to actually discuss stuff. They can co-exist!

Do you believe that the delayed release of GTA5 is to port the game to the PS4? I want to say yes.